RMSK, Inc.        

Thread: What site you guys getting your leds?

Default What site you guys getting your leds?

I want to buy from us i don't trust or can't wait for the slow boat from China. I bought from guy of eBay with good luck but he doesn't carry what I want, I'm looking for cree xph50 6 volt star pcb

Default Re: What site you guys getting your leds?

Not checked myself, but have a look on mtn electronics. Very well respected shop................for good reason!

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Not checked myself, but have a look on mtn electronics. Very well respected shop................for good reason!

Hi and thanks i seen them I didn't know if they were legit.

Intl-outdoors is another supplier which is reputable.
    Searching for enlightenment.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy86350 View Post
    Hi and thanks i seen them I didn't know if they were legit.
    Very legit, Richard is a great all round guy

Int outdoor as mentioned, have used them several times and been issue free. Delivery time is quite a variable, so be prepared potentially for a 2-4wk wait.

Flashaholic

As mentioned above, mountain electronics has a great selection, if you know how to reflow an emitter onto an MCPCB, you can order bare emitter's from Digikey or Mouser Electronics. Bare MCPCB's can also be ordered from Sinkpad

Illumn.com has a few, but probably nothing Mountain Electronics doesn't have. Ledsupply.com has a moderate selection, I think more geared towards fixed lighting than flashlights.

The big electronics supply companies - Digikey, Mouser, Jameco, and Newark - have very large selections and usually good prices, but their catalogs are tedious to search through because of their size and the way their sort functions work, and a lot of them are special order LED's with a minimum quantity of a full reel (500 or more).

Quote Originally Posted by iamlucky13 View Post
    ......The big electronics supply companies - Digikey, Mouser, Jameco, and Newark - have very large selections and usually good prices, but their catalogs are tedious to search through because of their size and the way their sort functions work, and a lot of them are special order LED's with a minimum quantity of a full reel (500 or more).
    No problem buying single LEDs from Digikey or Mouser. I've purchased a number. The gotcha is in the shipping. If you are already purchasing other items then to throw an LED in with that shipment doesn't add any to the shipping costs.

I usually use cutter but I've recently made a couple of orders from virence for some great high CRI Nichia LEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by hiuintahs View Post
    No problem buying single LEDs from Digikey or Mouser. I've purchased a number. The gotcha is in the shipping. If you are already purchasing other items then to throw an LED in with that shipment doesn't add any to the shipping costs.
    Buying singles is no problem for models they have in stock, but Digikey, for example, lists an additional 24,000 (not a typo!) different types you can order through them beyond what they have in stock. Fortunately, it's simple to have their online catalog show only in stock items. Even then, you've still got 4600+ choices just for LED's. Really impressive inventory, but I find it tedious to search through.

Virence.com has a great selection of high CRI and related products. I wasn't sure whether to mention him or not since I don't know how fast his shipping is from Indonesia. I do know when I made an order from Yujiintl.com (web store for a high CRI manufacturer located in China), they arrived in something like 3-4 business days, but that was not cheap shipping.