• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD WTS Malkoff M61 Hot MD2 with high/low

Dario

Newly Enlightened
$125 including shipping and PayPal fees.

I have a like-new Malkoff M61 Hot MD2 with the high/low adjustment switch. (You rotate head a small amount switch). This is a great light and lives up to it's reputation. It's a great light.

I bought this as a gift and a work light for my wife but she prefers something else. I was going to use it, but I'm pretty hard on my lights and this seems too nice to abuse. It's been used only for her to try out the weight and beam. It's never been carried or taken outside and has only been on for beam evaluation. It's got less than 5 minutes of run time.

While taking this pictures I noticed it does have a small defect on the housing. I don't see how I could have done this - I'm pretty sure it came from Malkoff like this and I never noticed it. I caught the light with it to be sure it showed up in the picture. I'm not sure I'd notice it unless I was looking for it closely.

AFB3prel.jpg

96VECAbl.jpg

INDzVzxl.jpg

1Jag2Bpl.jpg

uyg6fb0l.jpg

Last edited:

Dario

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS Malkoff M61 Hot MD2 with high/low

Me too. Maybe I need to wait for Malkoff's sale to be over. This will look more compelling when his prices go back up.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's the tint seem to look like on this one?

Can the drop in be removed?

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Drop-in can be removed. I'll let Dario comment on tint color.

From my personal experience with one I used to own, it had a blueish hue to it; especially when comparing to a neutral light. If you are used to cool white lights, it will probably look fairly white.

Dario

Newly Enlightened

Sorry guys - been travelling for a week or so and didn't get time to reply.

INFRNL, thanks for commenting on the drop in.

Been looking for a way to measure tint - it's going to be subjective. Looking at references relative to the light on a white wall it compares to about 5200K for me. So it's slight blueish. Happy to compare it other lights I have, but no way to know if they're warmer or cooler than average.

Last edited:

sffar

Newly Enlightened

Hello Dario,
I'll buy this light if it's still available.
Haven't tried a PM yet, but will attempt a follow up with one.
Thanks,
Sam

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks got getting this one @sffar, I was about to snag it but then went down a different path. Hahaha

Backup if anything falls through.

Last edited:

sffar

Newly Enlightened

Thanks got getting this one @sffar, I was about to snag it but then went down a different path. Hahaha
And here I sat, as long as I could, waiting for you to save me from myself. Anyway, glad to help!
Sam

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast

And here I sat, as long as I could, waiting for you to save me from myself. Anyway, glad to help!
Sam

Hahaha, enjoy! :whistle:

If you decide it's not what you need or wanted LMK via PM.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats, glad to see this one finally gone! You should enjoy it, It's a great light

sffar

Newly Enlightened

Congrats, glad to see this one finally gone! You should enjoy it, It's a great light

Thanks INFRNL. Dr. Malkoff's best remedy for restlessness and dilated pupils.
Sam

Dario

Newly Enlightened

As noted, this is sold. Have to say that toward the end I was ambivalent and almost changed my mind. It's a great light and has quality well beyond most of the other lights we use. When you unscrew it your brain says "That's how threads are supposed to feel..." And two levels vs. 50 is also very nice.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

As mentioned before, congrats to both sides. Yes, Malkoff is my favorite for many different reasons. I'm sure Sffar will really enjoy it and hope Dario doesn't miss it too much;)

Always good to see Malkoff's moved to another good home:thumbsup:

sffar

Newly Enlightened

Dario,
Received the M61 HOT today and it looks great. Quick delivery from coast to coast. Good deal-many thanks.
Sam