First time Modder requires Professional help

Severe

Newly Enlightened
I am the notorius first time modder mentioned. I have a SL Luxeon task light 3AA. So far I have snipped the resistor sucessfully. I have purchased a Q3K Lambertian which Is still working but am having problems installing. I may have wrecked side clickie but really want a tail clickie
instead. I have seen the new light and it looks great,but it must be shorting out somewhat. Fraen OPtic on the way. Need a real Modder to take over. have money, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif <font color="red"> </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif <font color="red"> </font> <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> </pre><hr /> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gifwill pay! Irv

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Severe, don't substitute the Fraen for the stock reflector, it is already Da Bomb. No need to snip the ressistor, just solder a wire across the two leads to which it is now attached.

I threw out the side clickie and use a Kroll in the end now, appears to be the same 5/8-28 thread of the MiniMag, and much easier to find in the dark.

I used a Q3J HD in mine and it is now happily spewing out 2500 lux through the stock reflector.

Severe

Newly Enlightened
Charlie I did cut the resistor and solder between the wires
and I will avoid the fraen as you say but do you mean that you kept the polycarb lens which on mine looks terrible or did you substitute it for a ucl lens? Irv p.s. I've heard good things about that SL reflector to

Severe

Newly Enlightened
Still want someone in the know to do this for me , I'm not great at soldering. Did'nt ask you Charlie cause you got your hands full with the vip. Irv