NEXTORCH        

Thread: Simple To Use Universal Remote?

Flashaholic*

Default Simple To Use Universal Remote?

Hey Folks,
    Does anyone know of an easy, (read SIMPLE), to use universal remote? I'm an old fogey and not very tech savvy. I would love to find one without a zillion buttons that would operate my satellite TV box, CD player, and DVD player.

Any suggestions and thanks.

Default Re: Simple To Use Universal Remote?

We do very well with an RCA RCR414BHZ purchased at WalMart. It controls our TV, satellite, and our blu-ray with no problem, and programming it was very easy.

Flashaholic*

Thanks for that Dennis. I went for another RCA model that looks just like yours but it controls 4 devices instead of 3 and it was less than $6.00. Hope it works okay.

I hope it works well for you. I got the 4x model but, in truth, my wife doesn’t control the FireStick with the universal remote ... because the dedicated FireStick remote has audio input and she can command it by voice. So I could have just gone with a 3x universal remote too, as you did.

I have been pretty happy with a Logitech Harmony 650. While there are lots of buttons, they are well labeled and can be fairly easily re-configured to do almost anything you can imagine.