Anybody remember Chu-Bops?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Miniature record albums sleeves with bubble gum records inside.
I've got a few sets of Beatles Chu-Bops from the '80s and I can't decide whether to continue hanging onto them or to eBay them.
An eBay search wasn't very helful -- none being offered right now.
They're either so rare that no one is parting with them or so common that no one is interested.
Thoughts?

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they aren't taking up too much room, and you don't need the money ...... I'd say hang onto them.

You never know what the next collector craze will be. Besides, it gives you time to look into it further before making any decisions.

Mike

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I don't remember them but Beatles are big right now with 40 years in USA.
I did a Google search with lots of hits here's one.

http://www.rarebeatles.com/photopg2/chubop.htm

[ QUOTE ]
The Beatles Chu-Bops Bubble Gum Records series was manufactured by Album Graphics, Inc. of Illinois, and was sold in stores during the 1980's. Shown above is the header card and the display box which held 64 pieces - 4 each of 16 different Beatles album titles. Each piece was sold at a suggested retail price of 35 cents. Sets of the 16 "albums" are worth $40-$60 while a display box complete with the 64 pieces sells for $150 to $200. A sealed master carton containing 6 of the 64 piece display sets was sold in January 1998 for $1,000.00.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would have thought they'd have sold for more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Latest posts