Prometheus Alpha Blue Label Mods?

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
I have 2 Prometheus Alpha Blue Label's, a normal and a shorty body version. I really love the ergonomics, the clip, switch and finish. However I wish I could upgrade the led and firmware. Would love to change the original MCE for an XPL / XPL hi, something with more power and efficiency as well as being able to change the modes (to have a moonlight as well).

Not sure if I have seen any modded really? I have been trying to find someone to send it to for modding, but being in the UK always ends up costing a lot for a round trip to the states etc. :(
Has anyone done similar mods...not sure what would work well with the Boom reflector.

Are there any recommended modder's in the UK (something I have always struggled to find)?

Thank's for any help/advice!

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could ship it back to Jason for the Icarus driver upgrade. According to the site, the old Alpha driver maxed out at 2.8 amps, while the Icarus has a maximum of 3.4 amps. According to my spreadsheet, my neutral MC-E with Icarus outputs 600 lumens.

As far as replacing the MC-E, I've also not seen anyone replace the perfect close range emitter/reflector combo (if it's a neutral) with something else.

Last edited:

oal

Newly Enlightened
i built mine into a triple using the board from Overready and a blank circuit board with a spring for the connection replacing the driver the hardest part is soldering the leads on the OR board because they are a little finicky you have to build a spacer if you change it to a triple because the optic is shorter than the reflector I converted a copper p60 drop in slug. it isnt that hard to do I am basically skill-less

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I believe Jason may still offer the service of swapping the LED if you send him the LED and the light. And he does offer service to upgrade to the Icarus driver. That driver allows for programming the Alphas brightness settings.