Imalent        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Zebralight H600Fc Mk IV - First Impressions

Default Re: Zebralight H600Fc Mk IV - First Impressions

Hi, i buyed the H600fd XHP50.2 and only have Samsung 30Q batteries, you can confirm if it works well or if better buy Sanyo NCR18650GA? Thanks.

Enlightened

Your 30Q batteries are probably a bit better for running H1 than NCR18650GA because it should have lower resistance at higher currents.

All other modes though, the NCR18650GA would give you better runtime. 3500 mAh vs 3000 mAh)

Both batteries are excellent either way.

Enlightened

Any second impressions with those that have already received their lights? Getting mine on Monday ....

My sample has the nicest tint of all my Zebralights, and I'm very pleased with it. A pleasant surprise is that it came with a pocket clip that is also available for order from the Zebralight home page.

A negative is that I think the tail cap with its long and thin spring (same as my SC63w) does not really handle the current at H1. I get better performance (longer time on high before step down) using the tail cap from my SC64c (shorter spring), and the H600Fc tail cap seems to become warmer at H1 than the one from my SC64c. I could use the SC64c tail camp on my head lamp but a vigorous shake will turn it off. Since I am a bit uncomfortable with the H1, I have programmed the G6 mode group to have 980 Lm as max.

Quote Originally Posted by likethevegetable View Post
    Your 30Q batteries are probably a bit better for running H1 than NCR18650GA because it should have lower resistance at higher currents.

All other modes though, the NCR18650GA would give you better runtime. 3500 mAh vs 3000 mAh)

Both batteries are excellent either way.
    Thanks. Always use the 30Q for my flashlights, the have good price, good performance and good reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuppet View Post
    My sample has the nicest tint of all my Zebralights, and I'm very pleased with it. A pleasant surprise is that it came with a pocket clip that is also available for order from the Zebralight home page.

A negative is that I think the tail cap with its long and thin spring (same as my SC63w) does not really handle the current at H1. I get better performance (longer time on high before step down) using the tail cap from my SC64c (shorter spring), and the H600Fc tail cap seems to become warmer at H1 than the one from my SC64c. I could use the SC64c tail camp on my head lamp but a vigorous shake will turn it off. Since I am a bit uncomfortable with the H1, I have programmed the G6 mode group to have 980 Lm as max.
    Interesting. It's possible that the HF600Fc tailcap transmit more amperage and therefore more heat/stepdown faster than SC64 tailcap.

Enlightened

I've already said a lot about mine, but I will just reinforce that I absolutely love the tint, I couldn't ask for anything nicer (although I've never owned a Nichia).

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Nuppet View Post

When I get mine, I will test H1 using an sc600w tail cap and see if it also makes a difference.

Overall, glad to see people are still happy with their purchase. The oscillating PID in high modes is still a concern of mine, but I'll reach my own conclusion once I get to spend some time with the light.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    When I get mine, I will test H1 using an sc600w tail cap and see if it also makes a difference.

Overall, glad to see people are still happy with their purchase. The oscillating PID in high modes is still a concern of mine, but I'll reach my own conclusion once I get to spend some time with the light.
    Yeah there seems to be a few duds that people got, but myself and other uses have been running H1 just fine. Run'r hard before deciding to keep it!

I've determined that for my light using an NCR18650GA, about 3.6-3.5V (50%) is the voltage before H1 starts to trip after a few seconds of being on (no oscillations though).

I programmed G6 & G7 the same except G7 replaces 1568 lm with 980 lm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234