Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: H6024 Replacements???

Unenlightened

Smile H6024 Replacements???

I was thinking my 77 K20 pickup has H6024's and on low beam the Alt gauge is drawn
    down low, then I turn off the headlight and my 160 amp alt. will bring it back up it
    makes me think it drawing a lot of power ??? 60/35w if I am right. I wonderd
    what can be done???
    Last edited by Alaric Darconville; 02-02-2018 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Removed color tagging

Default Re: H6024 Replacements???

Post approved, but moved to Automotive .... Welcome to CPF
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by wildjoe330 View Post
    I was thinking my 77 K20 pickup has H6024's and on low beam the Alt gauge is drawn
    down low, then I turn off the headlight and my 160 amp alt. will bring it back up it
    makes me think it drawing a lot of power ??? 60/35w if I am right. I wonderd
    what can be done???
    The H6024 is nominally 65W for the high beam, and 35W for the low beam. If your ammeter shows a higher draw on low beam than on high beam, you may have other problems in your electrical circuit. You might have bad relays or something like that.

Disconnect one headlamp, and see what the effect is. Then reconnect it and try with the other headlamp disconnected. This may show if there is a problem just on one side of the headlamp wiring.

It sounds like you have a short circuit somewhere in your headlamp circuit. You will want to find it and fix it, then do as described here (and if you drive at night, put in some carefully-chosen good headlamps rather than the pathetic H6024s).