Klarus        
Page 1 of 47 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 20

Default HDS Systems EDC # 20

The never ending saga and discussion of HDS Systems, Inc. lights..
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 20

Yes! New year. New thread!

Happy New HDS Year.

Picked up a Trit bezel for my HDS. Trits on the way and pics to follow.
    Last edited by greatscoot; 02-10-2018 at 04:57 PM.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

It's an exciting time to be an HDS fan. I'm looking forward to where you and Henry are going this year!
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    The never ending saga and discussion of HDS Systems, Inc. lights..
    Hey Hogo, just wanted to say thanks for all the info in the other thread and no hard feelings👍.

And yes, nice to see #20. Happy new year HDS, keep up the good work.

Donít know if this is possible but does anyone know if my HDS 3700k Clicky could be sent to Henry to be transformed into a Rotary? I have a Rotary body that could be sent with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    Hey Hogo, just wanted to say thanks for all the info in the other thread and no hard feelings.

And yes, nice to see #20. Happy new year HDS, keep up the good work.
    No hard feelings at all. Some topics get me worked up, and it's not you (I've had family members unfriend me on FaceBook... and install alarm systems in their homes because of my lack of filter from brain to mouth... or keyboard) and I can't count the number of times my chief had me in his office for the crap that came out of my mouth... I just figured he didn't have enough to do and I would help his day from not getting boring. I honestly wasn't directing any of my rant toward you. I do hope you didn't take it that way. I'm kind of an old cantankerous fart. And my puppy woke me up at 0300 this morning to poop and play. I'm going to give her a flashlight to play with and maybe she will let me sleep.
    Anyway, your input is quite valuable here, and I do see that.
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

looking forward to HDS 20!.
    HDS Tactical Rotary, HDS Rotary, HDS HCRI 200 Rotary, HDS Hunter Red Rotary, HDS Forensic Blue Rotary, HDS Green Rotary.

No hard feelings at all. Some topics get me worked up, and it's not you (I've had family members unfriend me on FaceBook... and install alarm systems in their homes because of my lack of filter from brain to mouth... or keyboard) and I can't count the number of times my chief had me in his office for the crap that came out of my mouth... I just figured he didn't have enough to do and I would help his day from not getting boring. I honestly wasn't directing any of my rant toward you. I do hope you didn't take it that way. I'm kind of an old cantankerous fart. And my puppy woke me up at 0300 this morning to poop and play. I'm going to give her a flashlight to play with and maybe she will let me sleep.
    I think I can speak for all of us in saying that we all SERIOUSLY appreciate you Hogo and Henry (insert applause here)! What you guys have created is seriously a work of art. I love having these threads and being included in on the HDS journey. Itís a great place to give input and hear news on whatís coming up. We all as fans want to help you both in making HDS something that stands the test of time (if it doesnít already)...

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    Donít know if this is possible but does anyone know if my HDS 3700k Clicky could be sent to Henry to be transformed into a Rotary? I have a Rotary body that could be sent with it.
    You could. I wanted to do that with mine, as I have a spare rotary tail too! Itís feasible.
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

It may be possible. Do you know what version it is? i.e. roughly the date of manufacture? ACME threads?. The head would need to be reprogrammed, then calibrated. The cost is $45 to upgrade to the most current software. Any idea what software version is in it?

Arenít 3700ļK supposed to be all ACME threads ?
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

It has ACME threads. Has Candle mode. Has a blue sticker. The person I bought it from said that it was recalibrated by Henry from a 120 to 140. I also have a Golden Dragon 120 that I want to convert to a throwy Rotary. It has ACME threads as well. Old software. Would that be feasible?

Oh, itís a rare 140 then! Yes, definitely feasible. For both.
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

It may be possible. Do you know what version it is? i.e. roughly the date of manufacture? ACME threads?. The head would need to be reprogrammed, then calibrated. The cost is $45 to upgrade to the most current software. Any idea what software version is in it?
    Apparently itís doable! What would I do to send the lights in? Do I send you and Henry and Email after purchasing the software upgrade? I would get to keep the Clicky bodies right? How does that work? I want to send both the 3700k and 120 clickies in at the same time to be turned into rotaries...

Apparently itís doable! What would I do to send the lights in? Do I send you and Henry and Email after purchasing the software upgrade? I would get to keep the Clicky bodies right? How does that work? I want to send both the 3700k and 120 clickies in at the same time to be turned into rotaries...
    Yes, you would go to the website and purchase the upgrade. I see no problem changing the software as well, but let me confirm that with Henry on Monday.

Here is a quick and dirty way to tell what software is in your light...

Lights prior to December 2013 have the electronic lock out.

5 clicks from off candle mode: software 2.10

7 clicks from off candle mode: software 2.14

9 clicks from off candle mode: software 2.15 (this also has the 6 click from off that turns the light into pure momentary until you remove the battery for 60 seconds. This is lights after January 2015.

Candle mode was never documented but is one way to tell what software version you have.

And as a small bit of advice, when traveling to the bathroom at 0300 with a new puppy in the house, it is advisable to use a low setting on your HDS instead of the ambient light you have relied on for years. Ambient light does not necessarily illuminate the things you need illuminated. Stepping in warm and squishy puppy love does not make for a pleasant evening. Carpet is NOT supposed to feel that way.

Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 02-10-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Yay #20

Flashaholic*

Lol, you sound like me. I have never had the greatest filter either. It has got me into trouble more then once. My GF was not impressed when once my lack of filter almost brought her father and I to blows. Oops lol.

Nope, I didn't take it that way, just a discussion between fellow flashaholics.

I know what that's like. I am a dog guy myself and my Chocolate Lab woke me up many times when she was a pup. Heck, she still does. Enjoy that puppy time though as it goes too fast.

Thank you but, your input dwarfs mine many times over lol. We all really appreciate you keeping us in the loop and passing our ideas and requests on to Henry. Not to mention the info on the flashlight industry and its history. I for one also really enjoy your particular brand of humor.

I am really looking forward to the things to come from HDS this year and think team Dan and Henry is going to bring nothing but good👍.

Flashaholic*

Any further opinions on peoples preferences when it comes to clips for the clicky would be appreciated. What do guys like best and why(Standard clip, Decorative clip, Dark Sucks clip, Oveready clip)? Thanks.

I like the wvaltakis2 two-way legacy clips .... I think they look great and work well on the older clickys
    ... is the archimedes peak

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    I like the wvaltakis2 two-way legacy clips .... I think they look great and work well on the older clickys
    Link and/or pic please. And, what do you mean the older clickies? Do they still work on the newest ones? Thanks.

I'll be the contrarian voice- I like the plain black skinny HDS clip for the clickies. All business. Does it's job. Unobtrusive.
    If you're new to CPF, please read this... (Just click the link...)
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ost-out-of-CPF

Any further opinions on peoples preferences when it comes to clips for the clicky would be appreciated. What do guys like best and why(Standard clip, Decorative clip, Dark Sucks clip, Oveready clip)? Thanks.
    Moddoo clip followed by Dark Sucks. Great looks and excellent grip. Moddoo is a little tighter than the Dark Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    I'll be the contrarian voice- I like the plain black skinny HDS clip for the clickies. All business. Does it's job. Unobtrusive.
    I agree scout24. The stock clip is utilitarian and extremely functional. The black anodizing is less noticeable too

Put the wheel near the head and no problem with deep pocket clips. Also easier to adjust one handed.

Yes, you would go to the website and purchase the upgrade. I see no problem changing the software as well, but let me confirm that with Henry on Monday.

9 clicks from off candle mode: software 2.15 (this also has the 6 click from off that turns the light into pure momentary until you remove the battery for 60 seconds. This is lights after January 2015.

Candle mode was never documented but is one way to tell what software version you have.

And as a small bit of advice, when traveling to the bathroom at 0300 with a new puppy in the house, it is advisable to use a low setting on your HDS instead of the ambient light you have relied on for years. Ambient light does not necessarily illuminate the things you need illuminated. Stepping in warm and squishy puppy love does not make for a pleasant evening. Carpet is NOT supposed to feel that way.

Great happy to hear that itís possible. Would it just cost $45 per flashlight?

Great info about the candle mode.

Looking forward to hearing from you/Henry on Monday

Do you have to turn on this 6 click feature in the programming or is it already on by default? I will have to try this out tomorrow

Ahhhh, didnít know about this 2.15 SW 6 clicks from off feature. Explains why my two newest HDS lights have been acting weird occasionally, I have activated this feature without realizing it.

And no, it seems that this feature is a default, no need to activate it in programming mode (at least not for me).

My favorite clips were the ones made by Modoo but I don't use a clip anymore.

Ironically, the guy who makes them doesn't use a clip either. I had breakfast with Henry on Tuesday and it was funny when we both put our carry lights on the table. No clips for either one of us, but even better yet, he had one of the cancerized black bezels and an, oh, I don't know if I'm supposed to tell what tube he had one his Rotary, but at any rate, the head and body did not match, and I don't mean like the slightly different hues of green mismatch. I mean, complete mismatch.

Hogo will know if it's okay to talk about the body of the light that Henry had at SHOT but was forbidden to show.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by JKolmo View Post
    Ahhhh, didnít know about this 2.15 SW 6 clicks from off feature. Explains why my two newest HDS lights have been acting weird occasionally, I have activated this feature without realizing it.

And no, it seems that this feature is a default, no need to activate it in programming mode (at least not for me).
    Ya it's a default setting I use it now so that I will stop draining my battery when it turns on by accident when I keep it in my front pocket. Hey can you set it at a set lumen like that or is it full out or nothing.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Page 1 of 47 1234567811 ... LastLast