RMSK, Inc.        
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2326272829303132333435363738394043 ... LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 20

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 20

Quote Originally Posted by paddyie View Post
    How long will a 550mAh battery lasts, wenn the locator flash is on?
    Long enough for you to lose it and give up after looking after many months... and it will probably still be blinking.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Wow! My HDS Tactical Rotary sold fast on the forum. Listed it yesterday about lunchtime, had several interested people during the afternoon, and it was purchased last night. Now I have the opportunity to wait about a month for a new High CRI Rotary ordered yesterday. Maybe one has something to do with the other?

Thankful I have a new High CRI Executive Clicky to use while I wait.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    Wow! My HDS Tactical Rotary sold fast on the forum. Listed it yesterday about lunchtime, had several interested people during the afternoon, and it was purchased last night. Now I have the opportunity to wait about a month for a new High CRI Rotary ordered yesterday. Maybe one has something to do with the other?

Thankful I have a new High CRI Executive Clicky to use while I wait.
    After reading your post, I thought "I wonder what what I'd get for my hi-cri 2008 executive clicky?"...and then I felt sad. It's too good a friend to think about selling.

--flatline

Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    After reading your post, I thought "I wonder what what I'd get for my hi-cri 2008 executive clicky?"...and then I felt sad. It's too good a friend to think about selling.

--flatline
    I know exactly what you mean. Simply, I had too many HDS lights - for me. It was not about the money but rather about knowing that I carry only one HDS light at a time and I did not want any of my HDS lights to go unused for too long a period.
    Last edited by RCS1300; 05-22-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    ...I can only carry one HDS light at a time.
    Well that's your problem.

Talk to Hogo about one of those 4xHDS holsters.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    Well that's your problem.

Talk to Hogo about one of those 4xHDS holsters.
    Either of these would have fixed that problem.

I old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Know it's somewhere in the thread but can't find it. What is the current firmware number, and since when is it applied to the lights?

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Know it's somewhere in the thread but can't find it. What is the current firmware number, and since when is it applied to the lights?
    First lines on the HDS homage:

Revision 2.18 now shippingWe have upgraded the software in our flashlights to revision 2.18. All flashlights shipped from February 26, 2018 will have the new release. Read the revision history to see the improvements we have made over the years. You can upgrade to the current version.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    First lines on the HDS homage:

Revision 2.18 now shippingWe have upgraded the software in our flashlights to revision 2.18. All flashlights shipped from February 26, 2018 will have the new release. Read the revision history to see the improvements we have made over the years. You can upgrade to the current version.
    Thanks. Dealer here has a 325 I'm eyeing on, but stock is from Aug. 17.
    Am curious about that bicycle flash.
    Last edited by kj2; 05-22-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks. Dealer here has a 325 I'm eyeing on, but stock is from Aug. 17.
    Am curious about that bycicle flash.
    August 17, 2017? Is it a Rotary or Executive?

August 17, 2017? Is it a Rotary or Executive?
    August 2017. It's a rotary.

August 2017. It's a rotary.
    OK. Well, the two new strobes, if I can relate them in words are:
    Beacon: The light flashes high low high
    Pulsating: The light rams up and down smoothly

The electronic lockout is also back

A few other things as well that can be read on the HDS site.

KJ, have they got any 325 clickies?
    Thanks,
    P

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    KJ, have they got any 325 clickies?
    Thanks,
    P
    Nope. Only the 250 exe and the LE.

Ah, thanks so much.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    I'm the new kid on the block. Had my first phone call with Henry today. He's a pleasant fellow. I learned that I have to wait two weeks for my high CRI executive. Yes, I know it says as much on the website, but I was hoping for a Montgomery Scott sort of miracle. (Say it takes two weeks, when you know it only takes 48 hours, kind of a thing).

Oh well. It's worth the wait.

Edit: accidentally posted this on the wrong HDS thread. Really am new in HDS land.
    Henry isn't so good about time... I believe it is shipping today. PM me your name and I'll let you know.

We should have all Executive and LE lights out the door today. All Rotaries that were ordered before May, should also be shipping today.

There is one vendor who shall go nameless (because any name I call them on a public forum would have me banned for inappropriate language) that is only holding up the Rotaries that were ordered this month. That should be cleared up in a month... unless they come over to beat the tar out of me for my poor choice of words on the phone with them.
    Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 05-22-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Whatís the stock like on the HiCri. Trying to hold off until next week with my paycheck but might have to change that if itís really really low.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA261 View Post
    Whatís the stock like on the HiCri. Trying to hold off until next week with my paycheck but might have to change that if itís really really low.
    I did not wait. Found that this 219b LED was perfect for me due to the high CRI at around 93 and without the yellowish tint of the newer 219c. So I got the Executive Clicky and ordered a Rotary from HDS both in high CRI.
    Last edited by RCS1300; 05-22-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paddyie View Post
    How long will a 550mAh battery lasts, wenn the locator flash is on?
    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    LMAO boy does that question bring back memories 

Yeah, I tried to link powernoodles epic runtime test, but it seems to have been lost in forum upgrades/crashes

Bottom line, his old model (Basic/Ultimate) did 37 months on a primary in locator flash mode. Someone else got 10 months out of the new model. Figure a little less than half that for a 550 mAh RCR123.

Very low.

Henry isn't so good about time... I believe it is shipping today. PM me your name and I'll let you know.
    PM sent. Thanks!

I had the same conversation with myself. Decided to pull the trigger.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    PM sent. Thanks!

I had the same conversation with myself. Decided to pull the trigger.
    Going out today USPS Priority. It's sitting right next to me now.
    You should get a tracking number and shipping notification within the hour.

Going out today USPS Priority. It's sitting right next to me now.
    You should get a tracking number and shipping notification within the hour.
    Best news I've had all day!

Default HDS Systems EDC # 20

Well picked up an HDS Tactical Rotary with HiCri. I have a HiCri LE clicky version and had other HDS lights before. Iíve had always been on and off with HDS. Love the build quality and the tint but every time I try to play with the programming I get frustrated and sell it.

However, since Hogo posted those YouTube videos on how to program it, I love my HDS more than ever. Thanks hogo for making those videos. Now it gets carried more often than my other lights.

Well canít wait to get my new light.
    Last edited by JPA261; 05-23-2018 at 05:51 AM.

So here is the production update...
    Over the last couple weeks, we shipped out over 200 lights. We ran out of different parts about 5 times (5 different parts) and typically managed to just get the right ones in when we needed them. Keep in mind most of these parts were ordered from as far back as September to January (when I came on board). In fact, one of the parts ordered in September (quantity 1000) we only received 200 so far.
    Any Executive (clicky) style light that has been ordered as recently as yesterday, has been shipped.
    Any Rotary or Tactical that was ordered up until about May 4, has been shipped.

Executives will continue to ship, but once again, we are at a standstill on the Rotary for possibly a month. The vendor is running on Henry time and I'm none to happy about it, though there isn't anything I can do about it.

We fill the orders in the order they are received. The dealers who placed orders have theirs shipping out as well, so you should see dealers having them back in inventory within a week if the dealer decided to restock.

So, if you order a Rotary now, you most likely will be waiting a month, possibly two months (and I'll go to prison for murdering a vendor if it takes longer)

Well picked up an HDS Rotary with HiCri. I have a HiCri LE clicky version and had other HDS lights before. Iíve had always been on and off with HDS. Love the build quality and the tint but every time I try to play with the programming I get frustrated and sell it.

However, since Hogo posted those YouTube videos on how to program it, I love my HDS more than ever. Thanks hogo for making those videos. Now it gets carried more often than my other lights.

Well canít wait to get my new light.
    It can be frustrating, then there are all the software changes to just make things interesting. If you, or anyone wants a specific "how to" on a video, just let me know. These lights have a learning curve when it comes to customization but once you have it down, it seems easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    ...would a rotary still function as a clicky with water inside?
    Can't remember if I tried that or not, but my Rotary acted very erratic for a couple weeks after getting water inside the switching mechanism. Still worked, and got gradually better until it was back to normal. I think I was carrying a Clicky in my other pocket at the time and just went back and forth between the two until the Rotary made its full recovery. Anyway, takeaway lesson, which I should have already known was, make sure that all twisting functions on a light are done above water.

I've had my Rotary's underwater many times since and have never had a problem other than that one incidence which was caused by user error.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

2.18 - released February 2018 - ... improved auto-off.
    Improved auto-off? I use this function all the time and wonder how it could be improved upon?
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

However, since Hogo posted those YouTube videos on how to program it, I love my HDS more than ever. Thanks hogo for making those videos.
    When I first looked at the advanced user's guide for the executive a few months back, I decided that I would settle on a rotary since I did not get a PhD in writing computer code. Hogo's youtube videos definitely brought it down to my level. Now I feel very confident about using the clicky and I haven't even received it yet.

Try reprogramming a hds twisty!!! Was sure I was going to have to serve community service for that little episode 😂😂
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2326272829303132333435363738394043 ... LastLast