Fitorch        
Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 49899293949596979899
Results 2,941 to 2,945 of 2945

Thread: HDS Systems EDC # 20

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC # 20

The current mechanical Rotary mechanism is different from the older Rotary mechanism. The older one had 7 tiny fingers and the current one has 3 much more robust fingers. Some of the lights will make the noise, and some won't. It all depends on how those fingers are going over the contact board. It won't effect the light. Some that start smooth will end up with the noise, and some with noise will go silent. It's normal. Not great, but yes, it is normal. The next iteration of the Rotary tail is going to address this issue even though it doesn't effect reliability... in fact, it is more reliable than the first Rotary tail that was quite smooth... but the noise is annoying, and Henry doesn't like it either.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    500 out of a single CR123... someone’s trying to keep up with surefire! haha jk. HDS is in a totally different league...
    No. What we were saying was that the next step would be 500 lumens. No current emitter will do that with the HDS and how it is designed.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Actually, it will! Take an old EDC Basic 60 that went through a CR123A in 20 minutes and put an XP-L or something similar, and you should get that Or was it just the circuit overhead?
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    No. What we were saying was that the next step would be 500 lumens. No current emitter will do that with the HDS and how it is designed.
    400 lumens would be a sweet spot for me.
    With the recent NB45 release, we are approaching nirvana..

Ron
    "Do yourself a favor, pick up an HDS Rotary and EDC it for a week.. -You can thank me later."

Seriously though. I got sick of the “lumen race” a long time ago. When does it end? HDS opened my eyes to the fact that owning a flashlight is more than blasting stuff with “x-amount” of lumens... it’s about seeing what’s truly there... enter HCRI LEDs... (start slow clap)

Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 49899293949596979899