Gearbest        
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 245

Thread: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

  1. #121

    Buttrock Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    With GTvn we have officially surpassed all science fiction portrayals of LED technology.

    Brittany Spears best describes my feelings for the GTvn in her song, “Crazy”:

    baby i’m so into you
    you’ve got that something
    what can i do?

    baby you spin me around
    the earth is moving
    but i can’t feel the ground (b/c GTvn).
    Last edited by search_and_rescue; 03-09-2018 at 04:44 PM.

  2. #122
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by star_c_star View Post
    OK, the batteries were charged in about 3-4 hours, and I carefully placed the battery carriers into the BLF GT (arrows on the carrier posts must point to head of light)

    The UI had been set to 6 output levels (or defaulted to 6), with the first level being 1% or less. At that level, you have a 6 inch circle of light projecting for a long distance.

    I made the mistake of hitting a nearby white wall with 100% power. After my eyesight had recovered from that, I compared the spot to others from my 1 Mcd to 1.4 Mcd flashlights. The spot from the BLF GTvn90 is much, much bigger, and seemed more intense (which it is, of course).

    I then walked my dog around the block, mainly using level 2, but occasionally double-clicking the button to reach 100%. A big searchlight beam shot into the sky, or blasted trees a block away. I need to take the light to a park around 10 blocks away, where I can light targets 500 yards away.


    My initial impressions are way beyond "impressed". It like carrying my X65vn, but with a more narrow beam. The fact that one LED can do this is really amazing.

    Luminus developed the CFT-90 to replace some HID and Short-Arc searchlights. Obviously, they succeeded, with the help of Vinh and the BLF GT.

    Oh, forgot to mention, at 100% I can feel the heat in the beam at least 10 feet away.
    what flashlights do you have that are 1.4 mcd ?

  3. #123

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    what flashlights do you have that are 1.4 mcd ?
    My better Rev-Victor Enthusiast is 1.38 Mcd, so I rounded up.
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 2 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

  4. #124

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Yeap, we couldnt dream this up... star c star, do you have a stock gt ?

  5. #125

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Yeap, we couldnt dream this up... star c star, do you have a stock gt ?
    No, I decided to wait until Vinh started selling modded versions of the BLF GT, then chose what I thought was the "best" option.

    Why not combine a searchlight caliber LED (CFT-90), with a giant high quality reflector flashlight? Vinh did this, so I bought it.
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 2 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

  6. #126
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by star_c_star View Post
    My better Rev-Victor Enthusiast is 1.38 Mcd, so I rounded up.
    them lil chicklet beam lights dont count as real flashlights
    jk man, those lazer like aspheric lights have always looke dpretty neat to me
    thought of picking up a cheap one just for kicks.
    now go out and get us some awesome beamshots of that tractor beam light you now have access to


  7. #127

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    I just looked at Luminus' information about the CFT-90 LED:

    (from the Luminus webpage for their CFT-90-W LED)

    Applications:
    •Replacement of 300W or higher XENON lamps in fiber illumination applications: endoscopy, machine vision, instrumentation and more
    •Stage lighting narrow beam spotlights with 7800K (WSS) optimized color point
    •Off-road vehicles / truck long range projector lights
    •Search lights
    •Inspection and industrial applications
    •Architectural lighting
    •Beacons

    No wonder my new flashlight is like a search light! It IS a search light!
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 2 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

  8. #128
    Flashaholic* luxxlightsaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SanDiego best city in the world
    Posts
    576

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by star_c_star View Post
    I just looked at Luminus' information about the CFT-90 LED:

    (from the Luminus webpage for their CFT-90-W LED)

    Applications:
    •Replacement of 300W or higher XENON lamps in fiber illumination applications: endoscopy, machine vision, instrumentation and more
    •Stage lighting narrow beam spotlights with 7800K (WSS) optimized color point
    •Off-road vehicles / truck long range projector lights
    •Search lights
    •Inspection and industrial applications
    •Architectural lighting
    •Beacons

    No wonder my new flashlight is like a search light! It IS a search light!
    WELLCOME TO THE"CRAZY FREAKING THROWER 90" CLUB!!!!

  9. #129

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by star_c_star View Post
    I just looked at Luminus' information about the CFT-90 LED:

    (from the Luminus webpage for their CFT-90-W LED)

    Applications:
    •Replacement of 300W or higher XENON lamps in fiber illumination applications: endoscopy, machine vision, instrumentation and more
    •Stage lighting narrow beam spotlights with 7800K (WSS) optimized color point
    •Off-road vehicles / truck long range projector lights
    •Search lights
    •Inspection and industrial applications
    •Architectural lighting
    •Beacons

    No wonder my new flashlight is like a search light! It IS a search light!
    GTvn is the greatest thrower flashlight in the history of mankind. It is also the very first thrower flashlight with enough POWEFUL BEAM DISTANCE so I don’t have to imagine if my TN42 beam is reaching Warner Center Tower 3 from the Warner Gateway parking structure... Thank you Vinh! Mark my words here. Vinh Nguyen of Sky Lumen has accomplished the absolute impossible feat! Thank you Vinh! Powerful LED beam from Warner Gateway in Woodland Hills, CA onto Warner Center Tower 3! Real!

  10. #130

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by search_and_rescue View Post
    GTvn is the greatest thrower flashlight in the history of mankind. It is also the very first thrower flashlight with enough POWEFUL BEAM DISTANCE so I don’t have to imagine if my TN42 beam is reaching Warner Center Tower 3 from the Warner Gateway parking structure... Thank you Vinh! Mark my words here. Vinh Nguyen of Sky Lumen has accomplished the absolute impossible feat! Thank you Vinh! Powerful LED beam from Warner Gateway in Woodland Hills, CA onto Warner Center Tower 3! Real!
    The stock BLF GT alone is a masterpiece of design that set the bar much higher for LED technology to finally step up to the HID thrower game. (have you seen AdventureSportsFlashlights review of the prototype GT lighting up the entire side of a 10-story hotel from over a mile away?) This is a reflector-based flashlight that trounces the former throw king Deft-X aspheric that costed twice as much, Vinh adds the magic to make it even better. It is amazing how far LED technology has come in the last decade, from the 5mm dim bluish tiny LEDs that could barely beat a candle to what Vinh is building here with the GTvn.
    Trying to achieve 1.21 Gigalumens. - (Also known as DBSAR)

  11. #131
    Flashaholic Issue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Is 1,75mlux and 5000lumen the final specs of GTvn90? Is there chance for better versions in near future? Like TK61vn.

    I REALLY want one but i find it hard to motivate spending that money on something i dont need or have use for. Would bring me lots of fun tho..

  12. #132

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    I changed the 6 light modes of the BLF GTv90 (1 - 5 - 15 - 50 - 70 - 100 ** 100) to 3 modes (1- 30 - 100 ** 100), by programming the DriverVNX2 driver. It took less than a minute.

    Now it matches all my other programmable DriverVNX2 Vinh Lights.

    I also purchased some slip-on camera lens hoods (protects from dust, moisture & impact), one for the BLF GTvn with its giant 5 inch front glass lens, and other sizes for my other flashlights which are not in Pelican cases.
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 2 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

  13. #133

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by star_c_star View Post
    I changed the 6 light modes of the BLF GTv90 (1 - 5 - 15 - 50 - 70 - 100 ** 100) to 3 modes (1- 30 - 100 ** 100), by programming the DriverVNX2 driver. It took less than a minute.

    Now it matches all my other programmable DriverVNX2 Vinh Lights.

    I also purchased some slip-on camera lens hoods (protects from dust, moisture & impact), one for the BLF GTvn with its giant 5 inch front glass lens, and other sizes for my other flashlights which are not in Pelican cases.
    Wow star_c_star! Great idea and you give me guidance on how to treat my GTvn! Congrats. 🎉


  14. #134

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Over $1000 in LEDs just like that

    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  15. #135

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by star_c_star View Post
    I changed the 6 light modes of the BLF GTv90 (1 - 5 - 15 - 50 - 70 - 100 ** 100) to 3 modes (1- 30 - 100 ** 100), by programming the DriverVNX2 driver. It took less than a minute.

    Now it matches all my other programmable DriverVNX2 Vinh Lights.

    I also purchased some slip-on camera lens hoods (protects from dust, moisture & impact), one for the BLF GTvn with its giant 5 inch front glass lens, and other sizes for my other flashlights which are not in Pelican cases.
    I personally set my light to 1-5-15-50-70-100. Why? I might need to use 50% for long period of time without overheating the head or led.. i will get variety of modes and quick turbo just double click..

    tailswitch with the vnx.. maybe less modes..

  16. #136
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by star_c_star View Post
    I changed the 6 light modes of the BLF GTv90 (1 - 5 - 15 - 50 - 70 - 100 ** 100) to 3 modes (1- 30 - 100 ** 100), by programming the DriverVNX2 driver. It took less than a minute.

    Now it matches all my other programmable DriverVNX2 Vinh Lights.

    I also purchased some slip-on camera lens hoods (protects from dust, moisture & impact), one for the BLF GTvn with its giant 5 inch front glass lens, and other sizes for my other flashlights which are not in Pelican cases.
    beamshots...we need beamshots....

  17. #137

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    I personally set my light to 1-5-15-50-70-100. Why? I might need to use 50% for long period of time without overheating the head or led.. i will get variety of modes and quick turbo just double click..

    tailswitch with the vnx.. maybe less modes..

    I see your logic, and was very tempted to leave my BLF GTvn at six modes.

    If there was a choice for 1 - 20 - 50 - 100 ** 100, I would always use it. The closest is 1 - 20 - 70 - 100 * 100, and 70% is too close to 100%.
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 2 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

  18. #138
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    19,538

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Damn, a master piece, awesome BLF host with a crazy huge reflector, add in a 90, breathed on and perfected by vinh..................flashaholic perfection

  19. #139
    Flashaholic* chops728's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Swampland,La
    Posts
    966

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Damn, a master piece, awesome BLF host with a crazy huge reflector, add in a 90, breathed on and perfected by vinh..................flashaholic perfection
    Complete with Trailer and Designated Parking spot out front-------------JK
    K40Mvn (5k/4k domed/dedome) SR52vn(PDTn/PDTw) P15vn P16vn(PDTw) P12(PDTc) SRT6vn(PDTc) PD35vn(2c domed/PDTn) TX25C2vn V2T S200C2vn(PDTn) TK61(PDTc) LD50vn (PDT)
    M2Xvn (PDTsw) MX25L3 (4k) TN32(PDTc) TN36vn(dedome)

  20. #140
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    19,538

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King


  21. #141

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Damn, a master piece, awesome BLF host with a crazy huge reflector, add in a 90, breathed on and perfected by vinh..................flashaholic perfection
    I remember viewing this at a LACMA exhibit!

  22. #142

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Damn, a master piece, awesome BLF host with a crazy huge reflector, add in a 90, breathed on and perfected by vinh..................flashaholic perfection
    One way to impress your friends with this light.

    Show that it can project a visible spot well over a couple hundred feet away......in midday, on sun-lit areas!

    (I did this a couple hours ago.)

    THEN, tell them to imagine what a beam brighter than sunlight looks like at night!
    Last edited by star_c_star; 03-11-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 2 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

  23. #143

    Thumbs up Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Quote Originally Posted by star_c_star View Post
    One way to impress your friends with this light.

    Show that it can project a visible spot well over a couple hundred feet away......in midday, on sun-lit areas!

    (I did this a couple hours ago.)
    wonderful star_c_star!

    Sky Lumen’s DriverVNX2 user-interface appeals to me. Under stress when fine motor coordination is diminished or gone, you resort to base instinct GTvn button and instant light. I love it! 😍

    🇺🇸BLF-GTvn is a great flashlight with tremendous throw.🇺🇸
    Last edited by search_and_rescue; 03-13-2018 at 11:50 AM.

  24. #144

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    4 more GTvn ships Tuesday :-)
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  25. #145

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Custom-Built SKYLUMEN LUMINTOP BLF-GTVN arrives tomorrow!!!

  26. #146
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    19,538

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Your amassing an awesome v54 family Edward, love to see a group pic of them when all together some time.

  27. #147

    Party Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    You’re so kind ven. Yes I plan to update my post above with photos and maybe even beamshots.

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Your amassing an awesome v54 family Edward, love to see a group pic of them when all together some time.

  28. #148

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Very nice SAR. The most powerful light from the skylumen54 !

  29. #149

    Thumbs up Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Thank you NL. Its only equal is the International Space Station.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Very nice SAR. The most powerful light from the skylumen54 !

  30. #150
    Flashaholic* luxxlightsaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SanDiego best city in the world
    Posts
    576

    Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

    Congrats SAR !!!!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •