SHOW YOUR GARDEN EQUIPMENT

harro

Enlightened
What do you use to keep your environs neat and tidy, a pair of nail scissors to keep the 1 sq. foot of turf in the ceramic pot by the window trimmed, or a slasher on the three point linkage of the old John Deere to keep the back 25 acres down a bit??
Here's mine. The Honda is the favorite, its a 20 year old HRU195 alloy deck with a new GXV160, to replace the old worn out, original GXV140. The green mower gets used for mulching occasionally, as the Honda is not capable of doing so.

k1JQGfC.jpg

Cheers.

Here's our oldest son checking-out the fresh off the showroom floor Honda HRX. Normally he'd be wearing steel toed boots and hearing protection. He only made two passes. This is our first Honda and first mower with a plastic deck. We've had it since last June and it's a truly wonderful mower.

The Lovely Mrs. Gardiner makes her first CPF appearance. :naughty:

~ Chance

11rSAYD.jpg

Sometimes you just want to get 'er done and have a beer. That's when this comes in handy. :buddies: The Lovely Mrs. Gardiner and I purchased this property in 1985. We planted all the trees in this picture.

~ Chance

RKHzaaw.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Nice gear harro, i wish i could say i enjoy gardening .................Most of my stuff is petrol(strimmer/mower etc), nothing fancy though.

CG love it! I want a go, heck i would do your lawn for free once a week just so i can take a ride on that JD.

Love the JD Chauncey, haha, four passes up and down my yards and it'd be done. Three minutes, no more. Now to figure where to affix the color coded, insulated beverage cooler!!!

Thanks, harro. You gotta love a 20 year old Honda walk behind. That there garners bragging rights for the owner and manufacturer. It L@@Ks like it's new. :thumbsup:

~ CG

Nice gear harro, i wish i could say i enjoy gardening .................Most of my stuff is petrol(strimmer/mower etc), nothing fancy though.

CG love it! I want a go, heck i would do your lawn for free once a week just so i can take a ride on that JD.

I know what you mean, ven. Gardening is one of those endeavors you either enjoy or it's just something that needs to be done. Personally, I tend to enjoy the results more than the effort.

The new Deer is a pleasure to use. The steering requires very little effort. Our old Deer was getting pretty long in the tooth and the motor just wasn't up to the task any longer.

DercqMW.jpg

I still have the 95 and plan on restoring it some day. After mowing with it for 26 years, it took a while to get accustomed to the forward view being blocked.

~ CG

ven

Flashaholic
The mowing part is not too bad, its everything else(hedges etc) due to time . Not only that weather.....................its not like we have many days in a row when its dry in the UK . Still if i had a JD...............i would be sure looking forward to it:)

A couple of years back a friend of mine donated this stainless steel Yard-Man to our church. He inherited it when his father-in-law passed away.

l7uGfAe.jpg

I wish I had a picture of the look on his face when he first saw it after I had given it a bit of a cleaning. :ohgeez: He didn't say a word for about 15 seconds. :huh: He just stood there, L@@King at it. I couldn't help myself. I said, "You want it back, don't you? Too bad." :devil:

JiPE1mt.jpg

We have three mowers we use at church. This is our all wheel drive Husqvarna. It's a beast! Really heavy but it pulls you up a hill like a goat. All you have to do is hold on and remember not to push down on the handle when you get tired.

It's hard to tell looking at the picture but this hill is really big and really steep. The back side toward the building is even more so. The Husky's been rolled *** over teakettle at least once a season.

~ Chance

27Bm6Ll.jpg

harro

Enlightened
Hahaha, looks like the main theme is gunna be yellow and green ( lets face it, what else is there?? ).

All great looking stuff so far.

I hope the Kahlua went in the mouth and not the mower, Chance. Gee, that stainless Yardman looks a treat all polished up, GCV160 Honda also!!! That hill is higher than the roofline next door, i'd reckon its pretty steep.

Ironhorse, spoilt for choice, yellow and green though, all that matters.

Haha, same here ven, if I came home with something like CG has, i'd be sleeping with it, not beside ' SHE, WHO MUST BE OBEYED '.

scout24

Flashaholic
All my stuff's in the garage, waiting for spring. A few inches of snow on the ground but the days are getting longer... :) Can't wait to get back outside. I do have a few trees to drop and some stump grinding to do first thing this spring.

All my stuff's in the garage, waiting for spring. A few inches of snow on the ground but the days are getting longer... :) Can't wait to get back outside. I do have a few trees to drop and some stump grinding to do first thing this spring.

My son and I gave The Hill its first mowing of the (way too early) season last weak. Then yesterday this -
zpipSgC.jpg

Yep! It's amazing how much yard work you can accomplish with a few ounces of Kahlúa in your morning coffee. :p

These come in handy when the hedges need some attention.

CVyaEOp.jpg

The Tanaka works well when you just have a little job. It's not too heavy and has plenty of power. However, the exhaust is always an issue, especially when working at shoulder level.

The Little Wonder works great for larger jobs as long as the stock you're cutting isn't too thick. It weighs the least of the three and no exhaust is also a big plus.

I purchased the Stihl last summer and really enjoy using it. The longer blade and shaft work great for keeping me off a ladder. Also, when cutting at waist height, the exhaust is directed behind the operator.

~ Chance