GITD Tape Mod for Jetbeam TCR1, RRT01, Niteye

Archibald Tuttle

Newly Enlightened
I wanted a durable and long lasting, glow in the dark, locater for my JB TCR1. I made a simple and easy GITD ring using 1" Captank waterproof glow tape. I used a 1/4" and 1/2" hollow punch to assure a perfectly round disc. It has a made finding the TCR1 very easy in the wee morning hours. It has also held up well to several months of day to day carry.

IMG-20191003-094214695.jpg

Last edited:

nightshade

Enlightened
Thanks for posting this mod, I wish I would of thought of it! Found a source for the glow tape that sells it by the foot and performed this mod on a RRT-01. Its a very clean looking addition and I really like the sustained glow from this tape. :thumbsup:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a couple glow rings with an Eye10. I used it on my RRT-01 last night, and Im a total convert to glow stuff now.

When I woke up in the dark, 7 hours after I charged the glow ring when I went to bed, it was easy to locate the light.

this is a great mod, Kitty Approved
QEzdsOm.png

Im seeking someone capable of modding the control ring on my RRT-01, to make it smooth, with Nyogel. If anyone is available to do the job for me, please PM me.

I had been curious about the Eye10 detents.. now Im not. I like the smooth ring on the RRT-01 much better.

I hear the Eye10 driver is a direct swap for the RRT-01. Since the Eye10 has a strobe feature, that I want, Im dreaming of a modification that pairs the strobe driver, with a smooth control ring.

ever searching for the One Light to Rule them All. So far, the closest Ive come to perfect is my RRT-01 modded to N219b 4500k 9080 (currently my favorite LED).. the beam could use some help, but the UI is just awesome, and Im stoked to be rid of the low CRI Cool Green stock LED!

l-r RRT-01 w N219b 4500k, Eye10 w stock Cool White XM-L, HDS w stock Cool White XP-G
wCSFO1j.jpg

Happy New Year!

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am expecting 2 Jetbeam lights and am seeking a couple of these cool glow rings for the tail
TCR-1:
QcVPRgg.jpg

Eye10:
vT9BxsS.jpg

please PM me if anyone has some available

Last edited: