What should I do with these batteries?

• One For Now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More Than One

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
There has been some concern raised by those on the list for this light (275 and growing!) that some want to buy more than one (some want two, but others as many as four) which might cause delays for those later on the list. This is probably true to a small (and I mean small) extent. But once the parts are all in hand the build should go rather quickly, taking perhaps another month to get all 300+ units built and sent out.

I do not want to be unfair to those who had the faith in me to sign up early and have been waiting all this time (some as long as several months because they did not get in early enough for the Super Baby Pin predecessor run), yet I can understand waiting unnecessarily for my latest flashlight toy -- and thus this poll.

I will go with the majority so Please speak up! Poll results will be tallied and considered final as of the end of March 3, 2004 (11:59 pm).

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hmmm, it appears that a *slight* trend may be revealing itself... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie,

Why not do both?

What I mean is, allow everyone to place an order, then fill all the single orders first, (including the 1st light in any multiple order) and then, if there are more left, fill in all the multiple orders.

nybble

Newly Enlightened
I voted for selling ones first, cause I'm selfish that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But my worry is that it may ultimately mean more work for you, book keeping, more shipping, etc.. which would burn you out and make you not want to do something like this again, which would suck even more than having to wait a little more time to get mine... so.. to me, it doesn't really matter that much.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I could have predicted the "trend". Most people have ordered only 1, so they will vote for the "fill all first" mode.

Now if you give each person as many votes as the number of lights they order, things might change. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm patiently awaiting....

Daniel

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
This is the thing. I'm way down on the list, that's no one's fault but my own. Someone who got on two months before me, and said they want 2, I think they deserve 2, before I get one.

My fear is that when we pay, if everyone decides that now they want 2 or 3 or 9, either a) I'll wait forever; or even worse, b) the 300+ will be gone by the time my name rolls around.

I know Charlie said a long time ago that everyone will get theirs eventually, but the response has been overwhelmingly good, and in the end, there will only be so many VIPs. Waiting is OK, but not getting a VIP, now that's crushing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

OK, mebbe a little too much drama, but um, deeply saddening at least, if not crushing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

daloosh

javafool

Enlightened
When it finally comes time to pay the bills, the number of payments may make more then one light per customer a possibility anyway. It will be interesting when the time comes, but I hope all who want one will be able to afford it.

TerryF

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
daloosh I believe charlie said that everyone who wants one will get one, it may jsut take longer for those at the end of the list if multiple orders are given to those of us who jumped on early...

I agree with gadget lover, I only wanted one so I voted for the one only thing even though I'm towards the beginning of the list...I think that its fair, as long as they will be again given priority when the next eddition comes around..

Phil_B

Enlightened
Dont worry Daloosh. As in other walks of life,once some people see the cost,enthusiasm will wear off and you'll get your light.Some folk WILL pull out.
Don't count on too much though as this is one helluva light!
Good luck! Phil.

G Pilot

Enlightened
I think I am way at the top of the list due to the fact I missed the SuperBabyPin and I still voted for 1 only. I was thinking of everyone else that has been waiting for one. I tend to think one is enough of anything unless your giving it to someone. I can't see letting a VIP sit in a collection when someone else could be using it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Phil_B

Enlightened
Exactly the same here G pilot. I too was on the SBP list.Do you think we'll be in the first batch? I suppose it would depend on how long THAT list was. I was at the back of that one I think.
Still voted for one apiece though.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Thanks Justintox and Phil, for the kind words. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, and it's only March! It looks like the VIP will be fantastic, so I's a scrapin' my pennies together. As the stupid Quik bunny sez, patience is a virtue!

Cheers,
daloosh

LightScene

Enlightened
If Mr. Bulk knows that he can fill all of the orders, then he should just go ahead and fill them from top to bottom. If he's not sure, then limiting the initial order to a quantity of one would be reasonable.
Since I didn't order one I didn't vote.

Tweek

Enlightened
I will admit, I'm one the list for more than one. But I still voted for "One for Now". Why? I think it's a fairer option for the anxiously awaiting list. Go through and give out 1 to everyone, then go back and finish up the others. The only major drawback that I can see here is in shipping costs. It all depends on exactly what percentage of the list wants more than one.

Either way, in the end, it's still up to Charlie... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hmmm, if we get many more "One for now" votes it might as well be considered unanimous!

Not to worry for those who voted the opposite way -- after my experiences with numerous other large batches of lights, I can reliably predict that once the parts get here and I assemble a few to work out optimal production methods, the resulting streamlining of operations will get the lights built and sent out to everyone in about the same time frame anyway. AND you'd be surprised at how really, Really, Really Darn Damn Good you get at performing a particular assembly technique by the time you do several hundred of them over and over...

KingSmono

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
AND you'd be surprised at how really, Really, Really Darn Damn Good you get at performing a particular assembly technique by the time you do several hundred of them over and over...

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you get progressively better as you go...I'll take build number 289!

.....JUST KIDDING!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif I'll take any VIP I can get my eager little fingers on!

I'm getting myself mentally prepared....low, medium, *puts goggles on*, high...grabs welding mask...*attaches BulkHead*....mmmmmmm that's the stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

-Allen

inluxication

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
daloosh said:
This is the thing. I'm way down on the list, that's no one's fault but my own. Someone who got on two months before me, and said they want 2, I think they deserve 2, before I get one.
daloosh

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Daloosh.
-Greg

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may not be making sense, but here goes:

I think one would satisfy me for the time being. BUT, I think that once everyone on the original list has had their chance to purchase, anyone who wanted multiples should get theirs prior to anyone who chimes in late. "Late" should be determined by Charlie, but I'd figure before the first ones are shipped, make a cutoff point and start a new list. That way when people get theirs and start the oohs and aaahs, there won't be a mess of Johnny-come-latelys taking away from the original quantities requested.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Good point Marty. The Johnnies are what kills my carefully estimated supply every time and I have to haul out the ol' "SOLD OUT" sign...

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the fair thing to do is to get as many units out to as many people as possible. Then fill the multiple order balance.
I missed the Super Baby Pin. I was bummed. I am not going to miss this one I hope. BTW Charlie I have just sealed a deal to get a SBP I am stoked.
Thanks for building theese for us.
Yaesumofo