Angryfox        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY POWER WENT OUT!! WoohOOOOOO!!

Default MY POWER WENT OUT!! WoohOOOOOO!!

Plainfield nj on the east end just experienced an outage. The lights have batteries fully charged (my U21vn just arrived in the mail), my go bag is packed, phone at 100 percent...Im good to go
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

A&Q Moderator

Default Re: MY POWER WENT OUT!! WoohOOOOOO!!

The wind is blowing here as well. Raining mixed with snow though mostly rain. I got the luna lights, fenix lanterns and headlamps ready to go just incase.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Flashaholic

Flashoholics are funny that way....I love power outages too...don't get many though 😖
    Woman prefer guys with bright torchs!
    Ultrafire C3 XR-E P4 with extesion tube,Ultrafire HS-802, Solarforce L2r w/Solarforce XR-E R2 dropin, Eagletac P20A2 Mark II R5, Fenix E05 R2, Fenix TK40, Fenix E15, Fenix Stainless LD01

Enlightened

It's usually where everyone wonders why you carry a flashlight until the power goes out and your phone doesn't light up much at all...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo231 View Post
    Flashoholics are funny that way....I love power outages too...don't get many though 
    Except when your milk goes bad.
    If you have to face a extended blackout I hope you have a generator and some fuel on standby.

My power hasn't gone out for more than 30 seconds in years.
    May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Flashaholic*

Power went out at my house while I was still at work,but they had it back on by the time I got home. The winds blowing hard enough that it wouldn't surprise me if it goes out again. To tell the truth I kind of hope it doesn't go out again, I don't really want to have to set up the generator in this weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Imon View Post
    Except when your milk goes bad.
    If you have to face a extended blackout I hope you have a generator and some fuel on standby.
    In this weather you can pack your perishables in a cooler and stick 'em outside in the shade...

Just took battery inventory because of this thread...
    Yeah, I'm good for a few days....
    John 3:16

I'm sitting here about 8 miles from Aginthelaw watching TV. Batteries and phones charging, not a care in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    Plainfield nj on the east end just experienced an outage. The lights have batteries fully charged (my U21vn just arrived in the mail), my go bag is packed, phone at 100 percent...Im good to go
    Power out here too but lights are on .

9v 5mm lights in rooms for ambient lighting. Small lights on lanyards for personal around the house lighting. Prepared dinner on gas stove with some strategically positioned magnetic tailcap lights, ... all wife approved.
    "may you live light and phosphor" - Mr. Spark

You guys rock!

Love it!!

Its pretty rare here that power goes out. We had a bit of a scare a while ago with an imminent ice storm, but nothing ever came of it. Still, we have plenty of winter to go so I invested in some Surefire CR123s for my lights. Got about 17 of them ready to use, plus two RCR123s ready to go for my Nitecore SRT3 and two 18650s for my Nitecore P12GT.
    Lights: Nitecore SRT3 - 1 x RCR123 550 Lumens | Nitecore P12GT - 1 x 18650 1000 Lumens
    "It's too bad stupidity isn't painful." - Anton LaVey

I forgot my wife has cancer. Shes such a killjoy. Were at the Best western because her immune system is down and she cant rough it like we did during hurricane sandy. We might as well be in Times Square its so freakin bright here. Maybe Ill sneak back home later when shes asleep...

Ran into one of my clients at 2 this morning while he was shining his headlamp around. It keeps his hands free while hes bagging poop. It uses an 18v battery pack like a hand tool but its super light and well balanced on the head. I assume the batteries are small to be so light, and it does have a cheap plastic housing with usb charging. It was very impressive on high. I saw a light on in a shack around 200 yards away and asked him whats going on in that bldg? He actually lit it up very well and said that one?, pointing the headlamp at it. I said yeah as I put the beam of my u21vn on top of his. The headlamp has a nice clean hotspot with decent spill. Mine was a dot on the wall on the buildings past that. He won the measuring contest since his headlamp cost one tenth of mine.
    On a high note, my wife loves it, and said its the only one of my lights shed consider stealing

My power was out in MA also. Only lost power for about 5 hours. Lanterns and flashlights all performed well. Watched "tv" on my phone. Lots of fun. I was fortunate we suffered no flooding like some of the state. The "bomb cyclone" did take down some trees in my yard and wrecked at least one car and one house in my area that I saw. It was relief to get power back just for heat. I give the linemen lots of credit working in cold pouring rain with steady 40mph winds and gusts in the 70mph range.

I was returning home from "the valley" in Va, but the route took me not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway at one point.
    Lots of long, tall bridges.

I'm behind this long tailer truck getting tossed around by the winds, to the point his tires would smoke from the sideways motions... "holy crap, gotta get by this dude" as hill climbs had him going like 35mph on the interstate.

In a big cut through rock I whizzed past the guy as we approached a bridge. I look in the rear view mirror after I passed him and saw a gust blow him onto the left lane and turn him onto his side.
    Luckily nobody was beside him.

I only got stopped once on the interstate by a fallen tree, but drove past dozens that had been cleaned up earlier at some point.

It seems this year "March came in like a lion". I hope it "leaves like a lamb".... (as the wind still gusts at my home)
    John 3:16

A snow storm in the offing for Wednesday into Thursday in MA. Predicted 10 inches in my area. Could be another cold blackout.

Flashaholic

OP....Are u going to be happy if it goes out again Wednesday?!

6-10" coming here for Wednesday, same wet heavy stuff we had a few days ago. Still many in my area without power. Some local restaurants advertising free water and ice, as well as cell phone charging. Nice to see. Roads are still being cleared, I'm travelling around with a chainsaw after having to use my plow to move a tree on a back road near home during the last storm. That stupid groundhog is on my fecal roster...
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminationDomination View Post
    OP....Are u going to be happy if it goes out again Wednesday?!
    Based on the timeline a blackout here would likely be when I am asleep. I don't much enjoy waking up in the cold so I'd just as soon not lose power again... but batteries are charged. LOL

Really I worry about falling trees blocking my street, hitting my car, or worst of all my house or deck. I live surrounded by forest on 3 sides. Heavy wet snow and 40 mph wind could threaten more than just power when surrounded by tall trees. I do not relish rebuilding my home. I already have several down in the yard I haven't cleared yet.

Ever since Ive been a flashaholic Ive never had a power failure!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Based on the timeline a blackout here would likely be when I am asleep. I don't much enjoy waking up in the cold so I'd just as soon not lose power again... but batteries are charged. LOL

Really I worry about falling trees blocking my street, hitting my car, or worst of all my house or deck. I live surrounded by forest on 3 sides. Heavy wet snow and 40 mph wind could threaten more than just power when surrounded by tall trees. I do not relish rebuilding my home. I already have several down in the yard I haven't cleared yet.
    Yes,,,I know what you mean. The saturated earth from all the rain over the last month plus the heavy snow on the trees along w/ the wind results in loss of power and unfortunately loss of life.

I am visiting my brother in Bethlehem, PA. I am due to arrive around 4 pm. They are suppose to get 12" plus of that wet snow.

This storm is primarily a Nor'easter and Where I live in NW PA. is not getting much.

Flashaholic*

The snow is coming down hard and wet, I went out a few minutes ago to knock the snow off the evergreens before they start losing branches. The lights have flickered a few times but surprisingly we still have power. I'm not worried lighting, I have way more than enough lights and batteries. It's the heat that's a pain to loose.

A&Q Moderator

Over a foot of wet heavy snow. Basically ran out of the woods canceling my outing. The hike out sucked with crashing tree branches and drive back also sucked. Power out so have two luci lanterns, Fenix and Nitecore lanterns. Have a Tiara headlamp and Partner A2. A few wizard are ceiling bouncing. Looking good!!!!
    Last edited by Woods Walker; 03-07-2018 at 08:42 PM.

One of the three power lines to my house is drooping so low, that I am surprised that it is still connected.
    We also got over a foot of very heavy wet snow. Thankfully, I have a 10 hp snow blower.
    Maybe I'll call the utility company sometime next week after they get caught up with all the emergency work they will be doing.

My daughter and I walked a few houses away to pull some tree branches out of the street, and during that time we each heard a number of tree branches, (big ones) snapping. Fortunately a previous owner had removed all the trees that were within reach of our house.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Flashaholic*

We have about six inches of the nasty white stuff. Power has gone off and on a few times, but is still on. There is so much very heavy wet slush that the snowblower will just get jammed up. I just lost a large double cedar tree in my back yard. It fell in the perfect place, if it fell in any other direction it would of hit something. I got lucky. There are alot of people without power all over the area's affected by this storm.

My power just went out again. Heading to bed

Looks like no juice until at least tomorrow. My yard is littered with trees. I just got down from my roof removing a branch. I didn't see any damage but could be broken shingles under the snow. All the flashlights and lanterns are getting a good workout and so am I! Maple trees are bad news with heavy wet snow.

I've lucked out with both of these storms this past week. Power never went out or even flickered for that matter. Hope everyone is safe and all is well. If anyone needs anything in Central NJ PM me and I'll do what i can!

A&Q Moderator

Power is still out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast