MY POWER WENT OUT!! WoohOOOOOO!!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plainfield nj on the east end just experienced an outage. The lights have batteries fully charged (my U21vn just arrived in the mail), my go bag is packed, phone at 100 percent...I'm good to go

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
The wind is blowing here as well. Raining mixed with snow though mostly rain. I got the luna lights, fenix lanterns and headlamps ready to go just incase.

BrightLeaf

Newly Enlightened
It's usually where everyone wonders why you carry a flashlight until the power goes out and your phone doesn't light up much at all...

Taz80

Enlightened
Power went out at my house while I was still at work,:twothumbsbut they had it back on by the time I got home:mecry:. The winds blowing hard enough that it wouldn't surprise me if it goes out again. To tell the truth I kind of hope it doesn't go out again, I don't really want to have to set up the generator in this weather.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Except when your milk goes bad.
If you have to face a extended blackout I hope you have a generator and some fuel on standby.

In this weather you can pack your perishables in a cooler and stick 'em outside in the shade...

Just took battery inventory because of this thread...
Yeah, I'm good for a few days....

pc_light

Enlightened
Plainfield nj on the east end just experienced an outage. The lights have batteries fully charged (my U21vn just arrived in the mail), my go bag is packed, phone at 100 percent...I'm good to go
Power out here too but lights are on[emoji5] .

9v 5mm lights in rooms for ambient lighting. Small lights on lanyards for personal around the house lighting. Prepared dinner on gas stove with some strategically positioned magnetic tailcap lights, ... all wife approved.

ArazelEternal

Newly Enlightened
Its pretty rare here that power goes out. We had a bit of a scare a while ago with an imminent ice storm, but nothing ever came of it. Still, we have plenty of winter to go so I invested in some Surefire CR123s for my lights. Got about 17 of them ready to use, plus two RCR123s ready to go for my Nitecore SRT3 and two 18650s for my Nitecore P12GT.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot my wife has cancer. She's such a killjoy. We're at the Best western because her immune system is down and she can't rough it like we did during hurricane sandy. We might as well be in Times Square it's so freakin bright here. Maybe I'll sneak back home later when she's asleep...

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ran into one of my clients at 2 this morning while he was shining his headlamp around. It keeps his hands free while he's bagging poop. It uses an 18v battery pack like a hand tool but it's super light and well balanced on the head. I assume the batteries are small to be so light, and it does have a cheap plastic housing with usb charging. It was very impressive on high. I saw a light on in a shack around 200 yards away and asked him what's going on in that bldg? He actually lit it up very well and said "that one?", pointing the headlamp at it. I said yeah as I put the beam of my u21vn on top of his. The headlamp has a nice clean hotspot with decent spill. Mine was a dot on the wall on the buildings past that. He won the measuring contest since his headlamp cost one tenth of mine.
On a high note, my wife loves it, and said it's the only one of my lights she'd consider stealing

recDNA

Flashaholic
My power was out in MA also. Only lost power for about 5 hours. Lanterns and flashlights all performed well. Watched "tv" on my phone. Lots of fun. I was fortunate we suffered no flooding like some of the state. The "bomb cyclone" did take down some trees in my yard and wrecked at least one car and one house in my area that I saw. It was relief to get power back just for heat. I give the linemen lots of credit working in cold pouring rain with steady 40mph winds and gusts in the 70mph range.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I was returning home from "the valley" in Va, but the route took me not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway at one point.
Lots of long, tall bridges.

I'm behind this long tailer truck getting tossed around by the winds, to the point his tires would smoke from the sideways motions... "holy crap, gotta get by this dude" as hill climbs had him going like 35mph on the interstate.

In a big cut through rock I whizzed past the guy as we approached a bridge. I look in the rear view mirror after I passed him and saw a gust blow him onto the left lane and turn him onto his side.
Luckily nobody was beside him.

I only got stopped once on the interstate by a fallen tree, but drove past dozens that had been cleaned up earlier at some point.

It seems this year "March came in like a lion". I hope it "leaves like a lamb".... (as the wind still gusts at my home)

recDNA

Flashaholic
A snow storm in the offing for Wednesday into Thursday in MA. Predicted 10 inches in my area. Could be another cold blackout.

scout24

Flashaholic
6-10" coming here for Wednesday, same wet heavy stuff we had a few days ago. Still many in my area without power. Some local restaurants advertising free water and ice, as well as cell phone charging. Nice to see. Roads are still being cleared, I'm travelling around with a chainsaw after having to use my plow to move a tree on a back road near home during the last storm. That stupid groundhog is on my fecal roster... :)

recDNA

Flashaholic
OP....Are u going to be happy if it goes out again Wednesday?!:naughty:
Based on the timeline a blackout here would likely be when I am asleep. I don't much enjoy waking up in the cold so I'd just as soon not lose power again... but batteries are charged. LOL

Really I worry about falling trees blocking my street, hitting my car, or worst of all my house or deck. I live surrounded by forest on 3 sides. Heavy wet snow and 40 mph wind could threaten more than just power when surrounded by tall trees. I do not relish rebuilding my home. I already have several down in the yard I haven't cleared yet.