Where is the market for diffusers?

cyclesport

Enlightened
I'm in the US and have been buying these types of various size latex stretch diffusers for years from popular China based sites, Alibaba, Gear Best, etc. They're actually fairly easy to find.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a big fan of diffusors. However, have bought quite a few....fenix comes to mind, but none seem to fit the way I would like. Been looking for one specifically for my Spy ULTRA to no avail. Would love to have one made for it. Diffusors double the use of a light and make the purchase more justified...:D

pc_light

Enlightened
You would think how ubiquitous torches are on the market that someone would come out with different size diffusers you could put on them to make a torch.
+1 on the sentiment.

I have a few throwers that I would love to have the option of throttling back with a diffuser for close-up use as needed. Surefire was pretty good about making filters/attachments available but at a cost, which might speak to the reason there aren't more - the cost. Back when mfg were more concerned with interchangeable parts, compatibility, etc. and they were charging more, the added cost to manufacture a well fitting diffuser was justified.

But today with margins on lights shrinking and the multitude of sizes and frequent model changes, original equipment makers don't see such accessories as being profitable. This leaves it up to third party accessories makers and/or DYI'ers; which are again faced with the previous issue or a multitude of bezel sizes, etc.

Personally, I'm hoping down the road as 3D printing is more popular that there can be a library of diffusers plans that DIY'ers have made and can share.

solloron1

Newly Enlightened
I agree. I'm so mad at myself for not picking up an FM34 when I had the chance. You can't find them anymore and it bums me out that surefire discontinued them.

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 of the Surefire E series ones, keep one on my wife's Backup. She uses it for close use and the diffuser helps her a lot. Also a nice anti-roll device.

Last edited: