40,000 Lumens!!! The Acebearm x70 debuts at IWA 2018!!! SWEET!

donlong

Newly Enlightened
The new brightest flashlight in the world just got unveiled at IWA in Germany.
Check it out :

Acebeam has an info page here

I Don't understand German, but it looks sweet! Internal cooling fan, yet still water proof. I wonder how that works? No pricing yet. I'm excited!

Thoughts observations?
0054600_x70_630.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
They put a lot of 70.2s in a large host; not my most anticipated light of theirs. Though if it is fan cooled and exhausts the air, I do wonder how it's waterproof as well.

What piques my interest are the white laser models and the hi-cri variant of the soda can.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have now arrived at insanity. :faint:

Wow...my highest output light is a mere...1050 Lumens

It looks like the high output (well 2000L) high CRI lights are becoming a part of their line up.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
So they start switching from led to laser, for white light? That's interesting :)

Last edited:

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
As I recall, the original prototype had a removable fan. Isn't that now un-removable?

Also noticed in the video, a revised version of the X80 (32K lumens). Not sure "what's" 32K lumens. But damn, check out the size of that yellow LED in the middle.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's their high cri variant of the x80 shown in the vid. Looks like a Yuji LED in the center and a bunch of reds along the perimeter. Not sure it's 32k lumens though-- probably the updated original x80 is 32k lumens.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I recall, the original prototype had a removable fan. Isn't that now un-removable?

Also noticed in the video, a revised version of the X80 (32K lumens). Not sure "what's" 32K lumens. But damn, check out the size of that yellow LED in the middle.

I think you may be thinking of the Olight X9. Which did have a removable fan in the prototype but now has a fixed fan.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two of these, boosted a little bit, one in each hand, should yield 100,000 lumens of brief yet exciting burst. That will do nicely, until even bigger comes along.