Fitorch        

Thread: SureFire E2D

Default SureFire E2D

Any easy and affordable ways to upgrade the E2D to LED? I was thinking of dropping in a Malkoff, but research indicates the M61 doesnít fit. Iím not interested in buying a separate head. Combined with the LED itís more than Iím willing to spend.

Flashaholic

Default Re: SureFire E2D

Lumens factory has a drop in LED. It is a single mode.

Yes, custom options (such as @Tana mods) are also likely to be more expensive as well
    ... is the archimedes peak

There really is no 'budget' upgrades available for E's. Now $15 will get you a 150 lumen bulb from Lumens Factory.

A logical solution is the single LED upgrade by a really smart fellow who makes dopin's called Tana singLED. At $80 they aren't cheap but he uses firmware with all kinds of setting easily available via 8 half presses to advance to the next combination of settings. Low/High to start, or high only, or all kinds of 3 or 4 setting combos going from lower to higher or higher to lower. Some have memory too. Heck, I think one setting deep into the available number like #17 is strobe. lol.

It's a nice brass module that should last as least as long as the light itself.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 03-12-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    John 3:16

Note, please don't post personal info of others (such as full name) on CPF ... thanks

Whoops,
    Thanks for fixing that.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Whoops,
    Thanks for fixing that.
    Cheers buddy

Thanks for the help guys. When I said "affordable," I meant I didn't want to go custom or spend $50 for the head plus another $50 for an LED. I wanted to spend something close to the price of a Malkoff drop-in. The Lumens Factor E2-LED Single Mode LED Assembly, XP-G2, S5 LED looks like it'll do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by kamagong View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. When I said "affordable," I meant I didn't want to go custom or spend $50 for the head plus another $50 for an LED. I wanted to spend something close to the price of a Malkoff drop-in. The Lumens Factor E2-LED Single Mode LED Assembly, XP-G2, S5 LED looks like it'll do the trick.
    Thats a goody. Should raise a smile when you turn it on the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by kamagong View Post
    Any easy and affordable ways to upgrade the E2D to LED? I was thinking of dropping in a Malkoff, but research indicates the M61 doesnít fit. Iím not interested in buying a separate head. Combined with the LED itís more than Iím willing to spend.
    If you can find one on the secondary market or the marketplace, Veleno is also a good choice. Have a warm 3 mode in my E2E for at least five-six years now, and its been flawless.