Recommendation for quality 26650 batteries

mikec49

Newly Enlightened
I'm not finding as much info on them as I do for the 18650. I just ordered an acebeam EC60 and would like a couple good batteries.

fmc1

Enlightened
Take a look at the Orbtronic 5750mAh 26650. It's got good capacity, they were tested to be actually over 5900mAh. It can handle 22A continuous discharge and 30A burst. It will more than likely give you more run time that the battery that comes with the light. When I use them in my Thrunite TC20 I get way more run time than with the Thrunite battery. The EC60 has a spring on both ends of the battery compartment so you can use flat or button tops whatever you want.

Frank

mikec49

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys. I will be reading the tests. I notice orbtronic wasn't in the tests.

I got 5885mAh on my Opus for the Orbtronic 26650 5750mAh battery. It is working fine.

Since your light is NOT modded the aforementioned battery should work great and is definitely One of the best choices.

NOT the best picture, but you can see what you need to see.

ORBTRONIC_26650_BOOTLEG.jpg

mikec49

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the flat tops. They have a good selection of 18650 also at good prices.

mikec49

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the flat tops. They have a good selection of 18650 also ,at good prices.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the flat tops. They have a good selection of 18650 also ,at good prices.
I think you'll find better prices else where, but buying good batteries from good vendors is good.
They don't make the cells in the batteries, you can probably find out who makes the cell inside the battery and that will be your basic performance. There are not that many OEMs for 26650 cells. Orbtronic rebrands them and also adds protection circuits to some. They have a reputation of using good protection circuits with a high current capacity, and they can provide a proper specification for them.

mikec49

Newly Enlightened
Just received the orbtronic batteries. I don't know who makes the actual cells. Orbtronic shipped same day, packaged really well.

Just received the orbtronic batteries. I don't know who makes the actual cells. Orbtronic shipped same day, packaged really well.

Cool. Let us know what you think of it after using it in your light.

Do you have an Opus, Xtar or any other battery charger analyzer where you can measure the capacity? We could compare it to my numbers and Sals[Orbtronic Owner/Partner]

I got 5885mAh w/ my Opus and Sal averaged[tested 4 cells] 5942mAh with his Xtar Dragon.

mikec49

Newly Enlightened
Cool. Let us know what you think of it after using it in your light.

Do you have an Opus, Xtar or any other battery charger analyzer where you can measure the capacity? We could compare it to my numbers and Sals[Orbtronic Owner/Partner]

I got 5885mAh w/ my Opus and Sal averaged[tested 4 cells] 5942mAh with his Xtar Dragon.

My xtar vc4 only tells me how much the battery took to bring it up to full. It took 2850. I should have purchased a charger that would cycle like my Maha charger does.