NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: I Think We're Going Thermal

Default I Think We're Going Thermal

So, i threw my HDC batteries in my X7 Olight. They've been sitting a few months after i had charged them last, and i went to use the light on turbo, then turbo turbo. the light started acting like it was in a strobe mode, so i shut it off. i actually heard something similar to a taser while it did this (not quite as loud though). i double clicked to turbo, with no problem. i double clicked to super turbo, and it did it again. i pulled the batteries and checked them and i noticed 2 of them were warm. i checked them on my charger and 2 were at 4.08v and the other 2 were at 4.03v. the 2 lower ones have been dropping steadily ever since and the button tops are too hot to touch now. they are flying out the window as we speak, into the nearest snow bank.

the light is working perfectly on my Samsung 30q's. the other 2 HDC batteries are still fine, holding at 4.08v
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Default Re: I Think We're Going Thermal

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    So, i threw my HDC batteries in my X7 Olight. They've been sitting a few months after i had charged them last, and i went to use the light on turbo, then turbo turbo. the light started acting like it was in a strobe mode, so i shut it off. i actually heard something similar to a taser while it did this (not quite as loud though). i double clicked to turbo, with no problem. i double clicked to super turbo, and it did it again. i pulled the batteries and checked them and i noticed 2 of them were warm. i checked them on my charger and 2 were at 4.08v and the other 2 were at 4.03v. the 2 lower ones have been dropping steadily ever since and the button tops are too hot to touch now. they are flying out the window as we speak, into the nearest snow bank.the light is working perfectly on my Samsung 30q's. the other 2 HDC batteries are still fine, holding at 4.08v
    What are your HDC cells?

Are they the Olights that came with the light in KIT form?

Those have been known to be problematic on TURBO, in the past.

Just throwing stuff out there.

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisGarrett; 03-16-2018 at 07:22 PM.
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    So, i threw my HDC batteries in my X7 Olight. They've been sitting a few months after i had charged them last, and i went to use the light on turbo, then turbo turbo. the light started acting like it was in a strobe mode, so i shut it off. i actually heard something similar to a taser while it did this (not quite as loud though). i double clicked to turbo, with no problem. i double clicked to super turbo, and it did it again. i pulled the batteries and checked them and i noticed 2 of them were warm. i checked them on my charger and 2 were at 4.08v and the other 2 were at 4.03v. the 2 lower ones have been dropping steadily ever since and the button tops are too hot to touch now. they are flying out the window as we speak, into the nearest snow bank.

the light is working perfectly on my Samsung 30q's. the other 2 HDC batteries are still fine, holding at 4.08v
    What are your HDC cells?

Are they the Olights that came with the light in KIT form?

Those have been known to be problematic on TURBO, in the past.

Just throwing stuff out there.

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisGarrett; 03-17-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

Yes, though I got them after I got the light thinking I would use some of the batteries I already had to achieve turbo s.

Aginthelaw, Have you gotten a hold of anyone from our Customer Service? If not please get an email out to matt@olightstore.com or sean@olightstore.com This is the first time I am hearing of any issues with our HDC batteries and we certainly need to get it addressed as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
    Jesse

Email sent describing the problem