SkyRC MC3000 "capacity" Reading - Conflicting Info

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
I've had the SkrRC for a week now (latest version), and for the 1st time did a refresh (capacity) test. There seems to be a conflict on how the main unit, app, and PC link are reporting "capacity". The example below is for a 5,000mah Powerex C Cell.

When the refresh test is completed, the main unit shows both the:

"capacity": 4817mah
and
"charged": 5183mah

uhmbysqtmnxfluh6g.jpg

OK, I understand the difference between charged/discharged capacity, nothing unusual there.

However, both the PC link and app show "capacity" as the higher value - what the main unit is calling "charged".

e91oq8ghjce6hkc6g.jpg

rx67jck36be9es26g.jpg

Would this not be confusing? It appears the main unit is defining "capacity" as the discharged capacity, and the app/PC Link are defining it as the charged capacity.

Shouldn't there be consistency between main unit, app, PC Link?

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
After more observation, I now see that the app and PC Link are showing the results of the last phase of the 3-part test (C/D/C), in other words the charge portion. I think it would have been better if the app and PC Link labeled it "charge capacity" or "C capacity" for clarity.

Edit update: Found this issue discussed by someone who noted exactly the same thing HERE:

So what gives with the reporting of capacity on this charger?

I ran a refresh cycle overnight on 4 batteries: 2 AAA Eneloops and 2 18650 LiIons.

Slot 1: Eneloop AAA
Charger reported capacity 742 mAh
iPhone app reported capacity 867 mAh

Slot 2: Eneloop AAA
Charger reported capacity 767 mAh
iPhone app reported capacity 906 mAh

Slot 3: LiIon 18650
Charger reported capacity 3153 mAh
iPhone app reported capacity 3125 mAh

Slot 4: LiIon 18650
Charger reported capacity 3086 mAh
iPhone app reported capacity 3069 mAh

Also, from one of the MC300 developers in that thread:

Whatever the LCD displays is the correctest. Correcter than PCLS (a software which sometimes fails to log the very last 4-6sec of a test run, missing in the CSV dump) and correcter than APP. The LCD is your friend. She doesn't lie.

Last edited:

denialo

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

is it possible to have the (discharged) Capacity showed on the display after refreshing 4 cells for all 4 of them at the same time?

Thanks,
denial

fmc1

Enlightened
Hello,

is it possible to have the (discharged) Capacity showed on the display after refreshing 4 cells for all 4 of them at the same time?

Thanks,
denial

The short is answer not really.
In order to see what you are looking for when you are in refresh mode. You need to read the capacity right after the discharge routine during the D. resting time, I think the default is 60 minutes and the max is 240. When I want to test discharge capacity. I use mode cycle, cycle mode C>D. Then it will display discharge capacity when finished until you end the program or remove the battery. The only down side is when the program ends the battery is discharged instead of charged. The plus side is if the battery capacity is low enough where you would discard it anyway you didn't waste time and energy recharging it.

Frank