Icr batteries. Questions left unknown after looking around.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I have a pile of icr LGabb41865 cells also marked n181f307al I've seen people use them in high drain situations fine and other speak highly against it. I specifically wanted to know what value they hold as in worth keeping or not, what I can use them for, what not to use them for. They are unprotected button tops Grey cell wrapper pulled from charge packs like a back up battery.

I'm only curious because one fell next to my Armytek wizard and deep down I felt like this>>>😈 but my more intelligent part thought I should learn more about something before doing something ignorant. You don't go and try to high five a wild bear before knowing what it thinks of you kinda thing😉

Danke👍

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Not unless you want to create some thermonuclear special effects hahaha. I'll probably condition them and test them several times and just make a large rechargeable backup pack for when a hurricane rolls in. I have another large one around 40,000 mah and it's decent for hurricane season 👍

Side note* you know anything about Armytek? Mainly what makes a light "silver" or not? I've literally found no answer..

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not unless you want to create some thermonuclear special effects hahaha. I'll probably condition them and test them several times and just make a large rechargeable backup pack for when a hurricane rolls in. I have another large one around 40,000 mah and it's decent for hurricane season 

Side note* you know anything about Armytek? Mainly what makes a light "silver" or not? I've literally found no answer..

I'll assume that you're not talking about the finish, but no, I've never heard that term used before and I read here and on BLF a lot.

Chris

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Correct initially I thought it meant the aestetics of the light but after getting it I have no idea at all what it means. I won't link to anywhere as to stay out of unwanted troubles but do a G search of something plain like Armytek wizard silver or even just Armytek silver and it pops up all over. Even links to the Armytek site but I can't find any reason the word is with some lights and not others.

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct initially I thought it meant the aestetics of the light but after getting it I have no idea at all what it means. I won't link to anywhere as to stay out of unwanted troubles but do a G search of something plain like Armytek wizard silver or even just Armytek silver and it pops up all over. Even links to the Armytek site but I can't find any reason the word is with some lights and not others.

I didn't try the search, but from what I recall the last time I bought an Armytek light, it has something to do with the color of the bezel. However, I don't think it was purely cosmetic, because I think they also updated the LED when they changed the bezel color.

Anyway, the term "silver" was just referring to the color of something, and is in no way a general flashlight term.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Haha thanks. I knew it wasn't a term for a light just wasn't sure what it actually signified. I regret not jumping to that companies lights when they first came out. Definitely above and beyond the other main brand I was using for years. I do use many brands but this will be my main company for sure.