Are there quality 18650 flashlights that will maintain 2500+ lumen output?

Frottage

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. After some years away I've been getting back into flashlight nerd-dom. I'm loving the new tech in batteries and emitters! I picked up a few tiny torches with awesome output (Emisar D4 and Zebralight SC600w Mk IV Plus) and have been having a blast with them. They're great for my uses, but I would like to have a dedicated light that can maintain a "turbo" output for a longer period of time. I recognize that these little lights weren't built to handle the heat generated by crazy output for extended periods, no free lunch and all that. For what I'm looking for size isn't a real issue ... within reason. So, does anything fit these criteria:

1. Quality light with simple UI (the fewer modes the better)
1. 18650 battery source (multiple 18650's are fine, but the fewer the better)
2. Ability to maintain 2500+ lumens (and more would be better) for an extended period of time (10 or 15 minutes would be great).
3. Mixed flood/throw (flood more important than throw - I use it to light up a field)

Thanks in advance for any direction!

res1cue

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. After some years away I've been getting back into flashlight nerd-dom. I'm loving the new tech in batteries and emitters! I picked up a few tiny torches with awesome output (Emisar D4 and Zebralight SC600w Mk IV Plus) and have been having a blast with them. They're great for my uses, but I would like to have a dedicated light that can maintain a "turbo" output for a longer period of time. I recognize that these little lights weren't built to handle the heat generated by crazy output for extended periods, no free lunch and all that. For what I'm looking for size isn't a real issue ... within reason. So, does anything fit these criteria:

1. Quality light with simple UI (the fewer modes the better)
1. 18650 battery source (multiple 18650's are fine, but the fewer the better)
2. Ability to maintain 2500+ lumens (and more would be better) for an extended period of time (10 or 15 minutes would be great).
3. Mixed flood/throw (flood more important than throw - I use it to light up a field)

Thanks in advance for any direction!

I think acebeam l30 will

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
with current state of the art, wouldn't a light like that need to be powered by multiple 18650 in parallel or series?
Long body (2 or more in series) or popcan style (multiple 18650 in parallel or series) lights are made for what you're asking for.
I don't know much more than that, but more suggestions are bound to follow...
If it were me, I'd look for something in the pop can format that ran batteries in parallel and had onboard charging, so the light could double as a powerhouse light and a supply of batteries for more modest needs, besides reducing the hassle of removing and charging 4 batteries.

- ok, 15 minutes isn't that long, a single 18650 light with considerably better mass and radiating fins to receive waste heat would do, considering we've got relatively high discharge 3500mAh batteries now...
If heat weren't an issue your D4 would do it.
This is what the bigger lights are made for.

Last edited:
There are numerous lights that will do that. Most will be 3 or 4 X 18650

Just to name a few:

-TK75/TK75vn

-K60/K60vn

The "VN" versions have programmable UI's where you can have 1 mode/2 mode 3 modes ect.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think just about every 4x18650 light will do that. The cheapest is probably the BLF Q8, which by default steps down to about 2500 lumen constant output (from its ~5200 lumen max). You can turn it off (which you probably shouldn't), or use a thermal mode which auto-adjusts, but the default 3-minute step-down is about right.

One caveat: at high outputs, it uses a FET driver, so the output will gradually drop as the battery voltage drops. You might need to ramp the light up a bit over time, to maintain 2500 lumens, but it shouldn't overheat. Or use the thermal mode, and let it auto-adjust itself.

domho8

Newly Enlightened
Fenix tk75 at turbo mode does gets hot after 5mins
f577434ba5be1e5cf655d0f4cd5be07c.jpg

^^^^^

Where do you live? That makes a difference and so does the time of year.

I bought the "VN" version off a friend[7700 lumens] and I can run it for about 10 to 12 minutes[depending on how cold it is outside] on turbo b/4 it gets too hot.

In the summer I will agree with you that it probably will stay on MAX only 4 or 5 minutes b/4 it gets too hot.