The Fenix-Store        
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

  1. #1

    Default Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

    Any idea when you will have more of these in stock? Looks like a great light and I'd like to give it a shot.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidRZ View Post
    Any idea when you will have more of these in stock? Looks like a great light and I'd like to give it a shot.
    We can't produce two metals as the same time but aluminum is our standard metal, so production generally goes like so

    aluminum
    special
    aluminum
    special
    aluminum
    special


    In this case, black aluminum is next, probably early April.
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

  3. #3

    Default Re: Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

    Awesome and thanks.

    What coating will be used to make the aluminum black?

  4. #4
    peter yetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Norfolk UK
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

    Ano.
    P

  5. #5
    Flashaholic* Moddoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,243

    Default Re: Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

    I'm working on them now guys.

    Thanks for your support!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidRZ View Post
    What coating will be used to make the aluminum black?
    All black BOSS are 7075, coated with type III (ha) anodize:

    https://www.oveready.com/flashlight/...a-satin-black/
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

  7. #7

    Default Re: Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post

    In this case, black aluminum is next, probably early April.
    Did I miss the April drop or has it not come yet?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidRZ View Post
    Did I miss the April drop or has it not come yet?
    It's a bit delayed: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...Service-update
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

    Sorry, yes. Lost most of April with the huge cold thats running around.

    Black BOSS launching this Sunday, details soon!
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

  10. #10

    Default Re: Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

    Is there still a plan to do a run of un coated aluminum? The first ever Boss run with the darkened stonewash 7075 was so perfect. I have really learned to love bare naked lights. No coating to worry about wearing off, and no shiny polish to worry about scratching up...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Boss 35 Aluminum Stock?

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    Is there still a plan to do a run of un coated aluminum? The first ever Boss run with the darkened stonewash 7075 was so perfect. I have really learned to love bare naked lights. No coating to worry about wearing off, and no shiny polish to worry about scratching up...
    The dark Patina is to time intensive to do again at scale but we are planning a new aluminum finish this summer. I don't yet have specifics but it should be bright.
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •