My Tenergy Centura NiMh AAA batteries still kicking after 6 years

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought several Tenergy Centura AAA rechargeable LSD batteries in 2012. At the time, I also bought quite a few AA Eneloops and Eneloop XX batteries.

But the Tenergy AAA's have had far more usage and far more charges. I use 2 of them at a time in a personal voice recorder that runs every day from 8-10 hours straight. Normally I'll get roughly 4-5 days out of them. I have 6 that I cycle, which means that every battery is recharged about every 8-15 days. As best as I can tell, there's not much drop in capacity after 6 years.

I haven't bought any more Tenergy Centura batteries in 6 years(or Eneloops). So I don't know if they are still as good. I've never done any direct comparison between Eneloops and Centuras, because I don't have Eneloops in AAA, and don't have Centuras in AA. But it seems like they are doing well.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
My own anecdotal findings are that AA Eneloops hold up better over the long-term than AAA Eneloops. These are the regular kind in both cases. I find that internal resistance on the AAA's, after many years (8 or more?), is going up quite a bit. The AA's have lower internal resistance after the same time period.

Then again, I guess the AAA's start with higher resistance, so maybe it's not much of a surprise.

PartyPete

Enlightened
The first rechargeable Nimh batteries I bought were a set of Rayovac AA/AAA sometime around 2010. Low capacity compared to Eneloop but they still work. I actually just tested them with a Zanflare C4 and none of them have really lost any major capacity.

All function fine after 8 years, but are definitely not used much...just as a back up to Eneloops for electronic remotes and basic devices (other than my lights).