Jetbeam        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thrunite is going to release a new lightsaber

Default Re: Thrunite is going to release a new lightsaber

Wa I am about to make an order for the v6. Now think twice

Was curious how this light would compare to my newest Vinh modified S200C2 light which I consider to be an "XL EDC" sized light as it relates to power, throw and size. Since the head on the S200C2 is so big I always thought having a 26650 size body (or parallel double 18650's) would work out good.
    IF Thrunites numbers are on par with Vinh's sphere and measuring OTF then:

Category S200C2VN TN Cat V6
    Head Diameter........1.85".............2.28"
    Lumens..............1,450................1,700
    Throw.................130K................140K

Since I'm doubting TN is measuring OTF, I'm betting the S200C2VN slightly beats it in performance and with a noticeable smaller size head.
    The Vinh light uses a SST40 - I've yet to see it compared apples to apples with the XHP35 HI so I wonder which gives more throw for the same size head and lumens...

Thrunite just got back to me on the shipping delay. Flashlights are shipping this week to anyone that ordered prior to 5/1. The next batch will be shipping out 6/15.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Driver View Post
    Thrunite just got back to me on the shipping delay. Flashlights are shipping this week to anyone that ordered prior to 5/1. The next batch will be shipping out 6/15.
    I preordered my thrunite v6 on march, 25th.. no shipping notice yet.. i will update..

Quote Originally Posted by Power Driver View Post

Thrunite messaged me that it was shipping this week (last week), however that never happened. What's up with the delay? Very disappointed!
    Last edited by Power Driver; 05-06-2018 at 12:36 PM.

CW in stock @ the "Zon", CDN/US sites. Full retail though.

Quote Originally Posted by Up All Night View Post
    CW in stock @ the "Zon", CDN/US sites. Full retail though.
    Thank you.. i would think thrunite will ship all the preordered starting monday..

Mine is due to deliver today .

I got it !!!! After checking my email every 10 minutes for the past couple days, thrunite finally shipped my catapult v6..

Got mine today, waiting for darkness to fall!

Quote Originally Posted by mobilerd View Post
    Got mine today, waiting for darkness to fall!
    Mine is out for delivery.. i am going to test with different 26650 and see which 26650 will give the most lumen..

Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Mine is out for delivery.. i am going to test with different 26650 and see which 26650 will give the most lumen..
    I have used several different 26650's in my Olights and Convoy And have not noticed any difference. I am really not a qualified tester. I got the V6 because I was so impressed with my Nitecore P30, another great small thrower. Been playing with the V6 and the firefly is awesome, most of my lights lack that.

I have used several different 26650's in my Olights and Convoy And have not noticed any difference. I am really not a qualified tester. I got the V6 because I was so impressed with my Nitecore P30, another great small thrower. Been playing with the V6 and the firefly is awesome, most of my lights lack that.
    Yea you might be right.. xhp35 are push to 2.5 amp max.. i will give a try anyway.

I got my thrunite catapult v6 today. Thank you thrunite for the fast one day free shipping. This light is quite small. I tested the light with thrunite 26650, acebeam 26650, and shockli 26650. The lumen output were the same. So itís good to know. This light actually cost $60, and came with the free 26650. I think itís fair price. I got many thrunite lights and driver are very reliable. Thank for thrunite for the great deal.

Here is is a photo comparison
    lumintop odf 30
    thrunite tc20
    thrunite catapult v6
    Manker u21

Wow NL, the Catapult is significantly smaller than the U21. Thanks for the comparison. How is the throw between the two lights? If I remember you have the U21VN w Oslon right?
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Yes would like to see how good the throw of catapult v6. Tks.

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    Wow NL, the Catapult is significantly smaller than the U21. Thanks for the comparison. How is the throw between the two lights? If I remember you have the U21VN w Oslon right?
    Thrunite catapult is very impressed small light.. it light up alot of lumen in the short distance.. however u21 olson is alot bigger light and reflector is alot deeper, and throw further..

You cant go wrong with both lights. if you like an extreme throw, then u21 olson is for you.

thrunite catapult $60
    u21vn olson. $148 - $210.

Flashaholic*

I have the Nitecore P30, how does the Thrunite compare to it?

Thanks for your response.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminationDomination View Post
    "IF" modified I wonder how it will stack up against my U21vn [1650L/270Kcd].
    Here is the answer! Pretty impressive.

Thrunite CatapultVN V6 - 26650 Thrower Perfection R

XHP35 HI 6500K
    Lumen: 2050
    Intensity: 190Kcd
    Throw: 872m

Email for other LED options :-)

Quote Originally Posted by domho8 View Post
    Hope my local store will bring in this model
    You have a "local store" that sells flashlight brands other than Maglight, Duracell, Stanley or Coast? I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a store within 500 miles that carries lights that weigh less than 1-2 pounds, that are capable of over 150 lumens on several D cells, or a bunch of AA's. The closest thing to a store that sells anything better than sub-mediocre lights is REI or Cabellas. But they have only a few older Fenix lights of low output. There's a gun store that sells overpriced Surefire lights from 2-3 years ago, and similar Streamlights.
    Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.

U21 can take the heat from an xpl or sst40 continuously though. The smaller V6 host can't take the much hotter xhp 35 hi (assuming it's being driven at 12v hence its 2000 lumen output rating.) I'd give it only a couple minutes max.
    Last edited by twistedraven; 06-06-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlanderNorth View Post
    You have a "local store" that sells flashlight brands other than Maglight, Duracell, Stanley or Coast? I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a store within 500 miles that carries lights that weigh less than 1-2 pounds, that are capable of over 150 lumens on several D cells, or a bunch of AA's. The closest thing to a store that sells anything better than sub-mediocre lights is REI or Cabellas. But they have only a few older Fenix lights of low output. There's a gun store that sells overpriced Surefire lights from 2-3 years ago, and similar Streamlights.
    Hi highlander. My local stall is this www.fstoplights.com they also do overseas courier. They carry a few brands like acebeam thrunite zebralight nitecore....
    It's about 20mins drive from my home and if I take public transport it's about 40mins.

The NW is now up for pre-order. I already have the CW. I'm not really into throwers much...but plan to gift it to a nephew come christmas. Thinking I might order the NW for myself...I do like having the option of reaching out a ways and these sure do that. It does get hot quick...not one you can walk around with on the turbo setting for long. But in real use I guess turbo is just to spot something at distance for a moment...then drop down. Personally I really like the general use...wide beam TC-20...but got to admit I'm liking the Catapult as well. The Catapult seems to impress other folks more than the TC-20, they seem to relate longer distance to being brighter, more powerful. The two light compliment each other well. And at the pre sale price...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeams3 View Post
    The NW is now up for pre-order. I already have the CW. I'm not really into throwers much...but plan to gift it to a nephew come christmas. Thinking I might order the NW for myself...I do like having the option of reaching out a ways and these sure do that. It does get hot quick...not one you can walk around with on the turbo setting for long. But in real use I guess turbo is just to spot something at distance for a moment...then drop down. Personally I really like the general use...wide beam TC-20...but got to admit I'm liking the Catapult as well. The Catapult seems to impress other folks more than the TC-20, they seem to relate longer distance to being brighter, more powerful. The two light compliment each other well. And at the pre sale price...
    Any idea on what their definition of NW is? 4500K? 5000K?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    Any idea on what their definition of NW is? 4500K? 5000K?
    Well, I can partially answer my own question. I received my "neutral white" TC20 yesterday. It's pretty cool. IMHO, it's at the very far end of what I'd consider "neutral". It's cooler than every other NW light I have. It's not as cool as a CW light, but it's not too far off. If it were any cooler I'd return it. The "neutral white" V6 Catapult I received yesterday is similarly cool.

I should point out that I haven't bought any CW lights in several years (because I don't like them), so I don't have anything recent in CW to compare it to.

I'm betting their nw is 5000k. A good nice, neutral cct. I got both a cw and nw coming in. When I get them I'l compare them to my 5600k 90 cri nichia, 4500k 80 cri 35 hi, and 4000k 90 cri 50.2 lights.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    I'm betting their nw is 5000k. A good nice, neutral cct. I got both a cw and nw coming in. When I get them I'l compare them to my 5600k 90 cri nichia, 4500k 80 cri 35 hi, and 4000k 90 cri 50.2 lights.
    My colorimeter says the HC20 is 4800K (x=.352, y=.368). It looks positively lovely compared to my ugly CW Sunwayman D40A that is a awful 7200K (x=.304, y=.312). During daylight hours now in the house it doesn't seem as cool as it did last night.

I got my cool white sample in today. It's kinda crazy how small this thing is. It can actually fit in my jeans' front pocket, though I wouldn't want to keep it in there.

that price is for the neutral white not cool white...

Last edited by busseguy; 06-26-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast