Thrunite is going to release a new lightsaber

fmc1

Enlightened
Nice addition to their lineup. Especially since their other new 1x26650 light the TC20 is a flooder. Having the thrower available is good. I have a TC20 NW and I very happy with it.

Frank

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find these stats interesting for the Catapult V6 when compared to the Thrunite TH4A HI in the different capacities of the batteries and outputs:

• Output mode/Runtime
  • 26650/5000mAh battery vs: Four NIMH 2500MAH batteries
  • -Turbo (1700 lumen; 150 minutes) : Turbo (1050 lumens/56 minutes)
  • -High (950 lumen; 165 minutes) : High (520 lumens/150 minutes)
    -Medium (180 lumen; 9 hrs) :
    Medium (120 lumens/14 hrs)
    -Low (22 lumen; 62 hrs) : Low (14 lumens/93 hrs)
    -Firefly (0.5 lumen; 41 days) : Firefly (0.2 lumens/80 days).
    -Strobe (1200 lumen; 180 minutes):
    Strobe (1050 lumens/150 minutes)

For higher outputs the larger cell really performs, but for the lower outputs the inverse applies.

Anyway, it looks like a great light and I am sure that it will perform well and be have great build quality like their other products.

markr6

Flashaholic
Just nit-picking here, but I don't like the diamond pattern on their lights. Looks like something on a ladies leather purse. Either way, looks like a good light.

It's a European carryall!!!

Darth_Cholo

Newly Enlightened
i had been out the flashlight game in a while. I went to see if there was a new Catapult and there wasn't. I really like the form factor of my old Catapult V2. The new form factor seems to be all about smaller more compact. Something about having a huge club with a stainless steel crown makes this the light of choice to investigate bumps in the night.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the $75 dollar price supposed to be the discounted price, or can you get 20% off that for a pre-order?

It is $59.99 now. Available from May 1. Coupon code is "20%":

07_AF98_F5-_AF7_C-492_C-_B7_E1-1181_D413343_B.jpg

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slightly smaller than U21, so will probably have slightly less throw than U21vn when modified.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is $59.99 now. Available from May 1.
When I click the link I don't see that price. When I navigate to the Pre-order sale, I don't see that price, and that price does not appear in the cart after selecting. How do I get the pre-order price?

olemil

Newly Enlightened
Looks sweet for $59.99. I am wondering where this will ship from, China? I see they partner with Amazon on a lot of their orders, I wouldn't mind getting one if it ships through them but don't really want to wait forever to get one from China.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being a very early Neutral White adopter I had to pass, I know I would't be happy with CW if that is what finally ships, I really have no use for CW, I consider that as old as the incandescent bulb when it comes to flashlights. It was the birth of LEDs that we are better off leaving behind for flashlight applications. Picked up a shipping U22 21700 cell light in NW instead for the same price.

Being a very early Neutral White adopter I had to pass, I know I would't be happy with CW if that is what finally ships, I really have no use for CW, I consider that as old as the incandescent bulb when it comes to flashlights. It was the birth of LEDs that we are better off leaving behind for flashlight applications. Picked up a shipping U22 21700 cell light in NW instead for the same price.

I agree.I much, much more prefer NW.

On the other hand the TN V6 throws an additional 241m/263 yards.All preference. I have a few V54 lights and the choices of LED and output easily surpass any of these stock lights. Obviously at a higher price.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree.I much, much more prefer NW.

On the other hand the TN V6 throws an additional 241m/263 yards.All preference. I have a few V54 lights and the choices of LED and output easily surpass any of these stock lights. Obviously at a higher price.
Ya, I just decided I'd get a 21700 light so I could try these cells in another light that they are native too. I don't really need a light, or a thrower, I have my light needs taken care of. Sometimes you just want to play with something new, but in this case I'm buying a fancy battery discharger rather than a flashlight :)

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can accept either cw or nw CCTs, as long as the tint isn't grossly green. Something like the black flat is a fine example of a cool white emitter with no green in it.

If this has a really good reflector design, it might be equally as competent as the U21 in throwing while being slightly smaller. Would make for a great pocket lightsaber with said black flat in it.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A thrower version of TC20, great! :twothumbs
But no NW option. Well I can live with it if it's a decent cool white.