DQG Tiny 26650 III

zieloczek100

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

After the tests of an interesting and inexpensive Wuben TO46R flashlight, the time has come for the company's next flashlight, a similar design - the Wuben TO40R.
You can find the review of Wuben TO46R here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Review-Wuben-TO46R-3-*-XP-G3-90CRI&highlight=

In TO40R, apart from changing the optics, there was also a change of packaging, a completely different way of packaging, other packaging colors.

The package contains the most important information, hidden Strobe, 1200lm, USB, hidden TURBO

The set is identical to the previous tested flashlight, that is:
- a flashlight
- USB cable with braided cover
- 2600mAh cell secured,
- leash on the wrist
- clip (already mounted on the flashlight)
- spare o-rings
- user manual

The biggest difference between the TO40R and TO46R models is a different optics, and the lack of metal bezel. With the change of the optics on the reflector, the length of the flashlight itself has also increased

The headlamp is not perfectly smooth as in the tested EAGTAC S25L-R flashlight, the cleanliness has been kept, the whole looks very nice. We can only choose the cold diode XP-L2

Other dimensions, but control, driver, switch, etc. remained the same as in TO46R, it is a torch with the most convenient side switch I had the pleasure to test. My Nitecore EC4 has better thought out modes, but with the convenience of using it far to Wuben.

Similarly, the USB port, located in an identical place, identically protected against water (1.5 h in a bowl with water did not make the slightest impression on the flashlight), with a capacity of up to 1A

The middle tube and the cap look great, the spinning design fits perfectly in the hand, does not bother, it is almost imperceptible, the clip similar to the previous flashlight - it bothers a bit.

A well-made thread, I'd like to see something like that more often, curl without any problems, well lubricated. Screw cap identical to the TO46R, well made, with a hard, gold-plated spring

Without the slightest problems, we'll put the flashlight on the cap - so simple, and more often, so rarely ...

Size comparison to Wuben TO46R, Lumintop SDmini, Acebeam EC35

The driver is identical to the model TO46R, I will copy the description from the previous review

Hidden modes.
When the flashlight is on:
- hold down the bottom button, the turbo switches on, clicks the upper button and returns to the last saved mode. And if we change the mode, turn off the flashlight, it will turn on normally. If we turn it off and on again, it will flash again for a fraction of a second of TURBO and the last memorized mode will be activated - such a driver fault
- we hold the upper button - the strobe activates - if we turn it off immediately, we will encounter a similar error as above
- hold the top button for 3 seconds - we will enable SOS.

When the flashlight is off:
- holding the top button for more than 1 second - the strobe switches on, when you release it, the flashlight turns off
- holding the lower button for more than 1 second - TURBO will turn on, when we release it, the flashlight will turn off
After switching on the flashlight, an error will occur again - in the form of a quick flash of the TURBO mode and switching on the last saved mode. I do not know where the problem arises, in normal use it is unnoticeable, unless we use hidden modes.

Protection against accidental switching on:
- press two buttons at the same time, after a while the flashlight will flash once and turn off
- turn the protection off by pressing the two buttons again, the flashlight will also flash and turn off

Informing about the battery charge status:
- 4.2-3.5V after switching on and each mode change for a few seconds the blue LED of the switch will light up
- 3.5-3.3V diode, the red diode will be on all the time
- below 3.3V the red diode will start flashing, it is a sign that soon we need to replace the battery with a charged one.
Cell protection:
- at about 2.8V the flashlight will turn off, we can turn it on in moon mode and low. It will stay shining for a while, although it happened that in low mode when the cell was low, the flashlight turned off. All that's left is:
- replacement of cells with charged ones
- switching the flashlight into moon mode

To sum up the control: comparing to the Nitecore EC4, I prefer EC4 control, better hidden modes, we can turn on TURBO or Moon when the flashlight is off, and there are no hidden hidden modes. In Wuben, the cell battery charge notification system is much better, for everyday use, without the use of hidden modes, there are no major differences in control, except that Wuben also tells the USB port.

The temperature sensor in Wuben TO46R is set so that the temperature on the housing does not exceed 50 ° C - and the flashlight does it very well. If it warms up to approx. 50 ° C, we can switch it to TURBO, but it will reduce the brightness almost immediately, if it is cool it will be lit for some time in the TURBO mode.

Even the performance has been at the same level, i.e. the brightness drop has been set temporarily - plus such that it is perfectly flat; )

Field shots, camera settings ISO-200, f / 2, 1s, white balance - Fluorescent H
Wuben TO40R (there is no possibility to choose a flashlight with a neutral diode, the XP-L2 used is not of the highest quality, on the white wall you can see a slightly violet color inside, in the field it is rather hard to see)

Wuben TO46R

Acebeam EC35

FiTorch MR35

Wuben TO40R

Wuben TO46R

Acebeam EC35

FiTorch MR35

Nitecore EC4 mode (XM-L2 U2 3C)

Wuben TO40R

Wuben TO46R

Acebeam EC35

FiTorch MR35

Nitecore EC4 mode (XM-L2 U2 3C)

Full size photos:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rXrASxjWxZokASrz75R8fz_EAOKOjRGt?usp=sharing

A few words of summary.
At the moment I do not know the price of the TO40R model, if its price will oscillate around 30USD, with a cell, built-in charger, great switch and good quality Wuben flashlights - a very good price.
Similarly to the previously tested Wuben flashlight, I have no major qualitative reservations, except for the lack of a neutral diode (even as an option) and a slightly incoming light color towards violet. In flashlights of other companies like Nitecore, Klarus, etc. - it's rather unusual.
In summary - at 30USD, especially for beginners, it's a great choice, more - it's not worth it.

Successful shopping.
Regards
Eryk