What brand of rcr123's is everyone using?

Shandstech

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I've been a long time user of the black AW ICR Protected rcr123 (16340) 750mAH batteries but they still don't seem to be available. I can't wait any longer and need to buy something comparable for my Haiku. What kind of batteries are you using with similar performance and stability? Thank you in advance for any and all input.

Last edited:

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the most part I'm still using my AW IMR red cells. I have one I haven't even begun to use yet. Other than that the ones by olight that have a built in charging port. And the four sevens rechargeable cells that came in a few combo packs.

parametrek

Enlightened
Efest. Their 700mAh unprotected button tops. Illumn, Mountain Electronics and IMR Batteries all carry it for $4.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
For powerful 'turbo' 16340 based lights, I like AW, but their factory flooded and they're harder to come by and if you can even find them, AW cells are now at least a year old, if not more, so that's a negative.

AWTs test out really well in higher drain lights. HKJ tested out the new red/gold wrapper 16340s and they're doing quite well, if you can find them.

With the smaller cells, life spans are what we need to be concerned with, if money is an issue, so the jury's still out on the TF cells.

Chris