RMSK, Inc.        

Thread: What is it worth? And how to find out

Default What is it worth? And how to find out

I've been out of the CPF loop for a while now, and with search out of action, and Google turning nothing up, I find myself lost. If I have something that I wish to sell, but because it has been discontinued, I can find no information regarding its value, where is the right place in the forum to ask the members to give me an idea of asking price? Thank you in advance.

Default Re: What is it worth? And how to find out

You put it up for sale at the price you want for it. Someone buys it, great. No one's interested, you lower the price. Should result in a sale sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSalt View Post
    I've been out of the CPF loop for a while now, and with search out of action, and Google turning nothing up, I find myself lost. If I have something that I wish to sell, but because it has been discontinued, I can find no information regarding its value, where is the right place in the forum to ask the members to give me an idea of asking price? Thank you in advance.
    This is considered "price fishing" or appraisal threads, and not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by maukka View Post
    You put it up for sale at the price you want for it. Someone buys it, great. No one's interested, you lower the price. Should result in a sale sooner or later.
    Yep, that works.

Or you can use your preferred web search to research sold prices, here or elsewhere (such as various auction sites)

Also, FYI ... just because internal (vB) search is disabled, does not mean that external (web) search functionality will not work, even for the CPF website.
    Last edited by archimedes; 04-15-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Mike,
    If you put...
    site:www.candlepowerforums.com SEARCH TERM
    into your favourite search engine, substituting SEARCH TERM for your chosen subject it will just search CPF.
    I prefer it to the inbuilt engine as I don't have to use G**gle.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    This is considered "price fishing" or appraisal threads, and not allowed.
    That is the reason I asked for guidance, because I had seen a price fishing thread in the sales section that had been disallowed, but thought that was because it was the sales section. I didn't realise it applied to the whole forum now. Thank you for the update.

I used an external search engine to search both CPF and the wider internet, but what I have must be so obsolete and obscure that no one sells them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSalt View Post
    That is the reason I asked for guidance, because I had seen a price fishing thread in the sales section that had been disallowed, but thought that was because it was the sales section. I didn't realise it applied to the whole forum now. Thank you for the update.

I used an external search engine to search both CPF and the wider internet, but what I have must be so obsolete and obscure that no one sells them anymore.
    Yes, and thank you for asking for clarification, instead of just posting.
    ... is the archimedes peak

No worries, thank you for your time

I've found eBay to be a pretty good place to check on sold prices. You need to check the sold listings box on the left side of the search results page.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.