does it look like ive been had?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i sold something on the 18th. let me state this was not sold to anyone on this forum.they have no realtion ship to this forum .it was another forum .well it was sold to some one in the uk.im in ga usa i already sent them the part i was selling but still havent recived money.they clamed they sent it out on 18th.should i just give up does it seem like it will never arive

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened
If the user has a good reputation I would not worry yet. I have had international mail take well over two weeks before.
Patrick

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont know him but he seems to have a good rep on the other forum.only other country i sent to before was bulgaria i forgot how long that took.but that was just a letter .glad she lives in usa now way faster to mail

MicroE

Enlightened
Raggie---It's too early to start sweating. I sent a package to the UK via US Mail on January 2nd. It didn't arrive for 6 weeks!

Phil_B

Enlightened
Raggie,don't sweat it yet. Did he send cash? money orders? The reason I ask is that the US govt since 9/11 will not simply let cash flow over the post as before. The fear is that it could be used to fund terrorism blah blah...
Most likely your cash is "in the system".
I've had parcels arrive FROM the US that take between two days and a fortnight for no obvious reason! Add to that,that we don't have the postal restrictions you do.
You could try contact the other forums' admin perhaps?
Good luck,chin up mate,we're not all bad here!
Phil :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
holly molly i wont trade with places that far no more. thats way to slow i would never send something before i get the money but i did it this time. lol well at least ill get it maybe it will be a suprise when i need it even more.and yes it was cash but only 40 bucks

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive sent a few things to the US, they seem to take around 2 weeks on average. Dont start worrying just yet.

TOB9595

Enlightened
Buck up mate. It's still early in the game.
Like the others said. it can take a while to get to you.
Best
Tom

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well the item i sold arived there and i sent it like 5 days after he sent money... i stillhavent got money lol i needed that money pretty bad.well thats is how it goes.let me say once agaijn this is not somne one from this forum

avusblue

Enlightened
Just curious . . . why send the item before receiving the money??

Was it a prominent member of the other forum with a history and reputation?

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the one reason that no matter who it is that I'm selling something to, if it's more than $10 or so (below that I'm not going to have a heart attack over unless finances are really tight), I never send the item until payment has been recieved (and cleared if it's a cheque).

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
avusblue said:
Just curious . . . why send the item before receiving the money??

Was it a prominent member of the other forum with a history and reputation?

[/ QUOTE ]
well i had to go to post office any ways to send something else and i thought he would like to get it early i just talked to him he seems to be very honest maybe its just very very slow post office

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol im just glad he admited he got what i sold him . i was so afraid he was going to say he didnt recive it.and make me look bad but he said he got it and loves it

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie I hope you haven't been, but the popularity of the internet seems to lead to a proliferation of people that will use it to take advantage of others. I have watched it grow steadily worse, and it is a shame there is not some recourse.