RMSK, Inc.        

Thread: Who installed led light bar?

Default Who installed led light bar?

I want to install a led light bar on the top of the car.
    but I don't know if this light can bring better lighting effect at night.
    Who installed this light?Talk about your views.

Default Re: Who installed led light bar?

For "on road" use?

You might want to consult your regulations prior.
    THRUNITE Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+HighCRI modded Mini-Mag2AAA
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens)

Roof-mounted lamps can be useful for off-road use. ON the road, though, they cause more problems for everyone.

What do you intend to use roof-mounted lamps for?

Another question is, what lightbar are you looking at running? I've get to see a lightbar mounted on the roof that doesn't produce excessive glare on the hood of the vehicle. Personally for normal usage I see no point of running an LED lightbar on the roof.
    Yes I'm night blind!
    Can't you see?

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Another question is, what lightbar are you looking at running? I've get to see a lightbar mounted on the roof that doesn't produce excessive glare on the hood of the vehicle. Personally for normal usage I see no point of running an LED lightbar on the roof.
    Or shining it in the eyes of oncoming traffic first thing in the morning when youíre on your way to work
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

This thread will be closed in three (3) days from now if the OP doesn't respond. We've asked our questions and have not yet received answers.

Thanks everyone
    I only want to install one of these lights on the car(http://www.autojare.de/20-inch-126w-...pot_p0070.html
    Turn on lights for auxiliary lighting when needed
    Does not affect others
    And I find a friend. He promised to help me install this light.

Quote Originally Posted by hjhjhj View Post
    Thanks everyone
    I only want to install one of these lights on the car(http://www.autojare.de/20-inch-126w-...pot_p0070.html
    Turn on lights for auxiliary lighting when needed
    Does not affect others
    And I find a friend. He promised to help me install this light.
    You won't like that on the roof of a car ----- on the bumper, yes. On the roof, no.
    The more modern lightbars are starting to get some optics and some of them have decent spot beams that won't splash light off your hood. But if it says "flood" or "combo", you can count on a pretty wide pattern that will be annoying.
    This is an insanely bright lightbar: https://extremeledlightbars.com/gt-s...-led-light-bar They might be able to make it with all spots for you.

Don't use them on the road. You can kill somebody with something like that. They are fun offroad though; it's amazing to light up a hillside at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
    This is an insanely bright lightbar: https://extremeledlightbars.com/gt-s...-led-light-bar They might be able to make it with all spots for you.

I see some some pretty obvious copying of others in their offerings. Specifically, they have a copy of a couple of Baja Designs lights. I like the Baja Designs stuff...better color temperature, replaceable lenses, and they drive the LEDís pretty hard. Do you have any experience with these knockoffs? Are they actually decent or just another set of copycatted lights that only look like the original?

Quote Originally Posted by kingofwylietx View Post
    I see some some pretty obvious copying of others in their offerings. Specifically, they have a copy of a couple of Baja Designs lights. I like the Baja Designs stuff...better color temperature, replaceable lenses, and they drive the LEDís pretty hard. Do you have any experience with these knockoffs? Are they actually decent or just another set of copycatted lights that only look like the original?
    I won a light and bought a mate for it a few years ago ---- they're not top-of-the-line like Baja but they're better than ebay lights. They're still on the Jeep and have been beat on for 3 years. Haven't gotten as ugly as the really cheap-n-stinky Amazon lights.

There aren't too many companies that make high end, high quality lights. And none that do it at Walmart prices....

I won a light and bought a mate for it a few years ago ---- they're not top-of-the-line like Baja but they're better than ebay lights. They're still on the Jeep and have been beat on for 3 years. Haven't gotten as ugly as the really cheap-n-stinky Amazon lights.

There aren't too many companies that make high end, high quality lights. And none that do it at Walmart prices....
    Thanks. I was considering a Baja Designs light for getting around the ranch at night.
    I figured these only looked like them....and as confirmed by you, don't actually perform like them. Thanks.

While I 'want' the BD light, it's hard to justify the cost when I'll only use it at the ranch. We only get out there once a year or so...
    I'm sure I could get by just fine with a knockoff. I prefer quality, but don't really need it for this application. It would be nice to have the high output of a BD light simply because of their smaller footprint. I may just cobble together a magnetic mount and cigarette lighter plug setup. It doesn't need it to be roadworthy, I don't think I've ever exceeded 30mph on the ranch roads. Plus, with a temporary/magnetic mount, I would have the flexibility to throw it on anything we have down there (like the ranch trucks or even an atv).

I've been taking the cheap-n-stinky route for offroad lights for a long time now. I'll put money into street lighting but I don't see the point offroad.
    As far as BD goes, I wouldn't spend like that unless I was using them to go fast. They're amazing lights. For driving fast ---- but offroad is slow. The only real downside of the cheapies is that their carcasses oxidize more/faster than the high-dollar lights. And then they look cruddy. Still work but look old fast.

I've wanted to try these out but I don't really need any more lights...
    Last edited by Alaric Darconville; 05-10-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: De-tokenized Amazon URL

I've been taking the cheap-n-stinky route for offroad lights for a long time now. I'll put money into street lighting but I don't see the point offroad.
    As far as BD goes, I wouldn't spend like that unless I was using them to go fast. They're amazing lights. For driving fast ---- but offroad is slow. The only real downside of the cheapies is that their carcasses oxidize more/faster than the high-dollar lights. And then they look cruddy. Still work but look old fast. I've wanted to try these out but I don't really need any more lights...
    I think Rigid Industries might be a good compromise between quality and price.