Panasonic BQ-CC55 / Eneloop pro problem?

akuu

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys :)

I've recently bought Panasonic BQ-CC55 with Eneloops pro. My concern is whether the charger itself works properly.
When batteries are fully charged the LED indicators turn off. When I put the same batteries in the charger few hours later (without using them of course), charger shows that they are not completely full and continues to charge them for about 30 minutes.
Is this normal with Eneloops / this charger model or should I be concerned? Can I somehow check whether the charger is fine? E.g. read batteries voltage or something like that? I know it's pretty basic charger, but still...

Charger review: https://goo.gl/NPrsEq

fmc1

Enlightened
I think the charger is fine, it's doing exactly what I would expect. The BQ-CC55 terminates based on –d/v. Which is a very small voltage drop that happens around 1.49 – 1.54V. After the battery rests a while the voltage settles in at around 1.38V's. So if you put the batteries back on the charger it will go through the same process and charges them until it detects the –d/v again. I am not sure how much of that 30 minutes is the charger waiting for –d/v and therefore how much is the top off charge that follows but 30 minutes does not seem excessive to me.

Frank

jimbo231

Enlightened
I wouldn't do that often as I believe it will be overcharging them a little...sounds right what it's doing but a DMM will confirm for you.

vBDKv

Newly Enlightened
NiMH peak at a certain chemical reaction and then rapidly drops in voltage. This is how chargers using delta-V will know that a battery is fully charged. If you wait 5 minutes and plug them in again, the charger will have no idea that the batteries are already fully charged until that delta-V happens again. All you are doing is ruining your batteries.