18650 wall charger?

fmc1

Enlightened
There are two EBL branded ones that I see on E-Bay. A two bay LiIon only and a single bay multi chemistry.

Frank

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't use an unknown brand of charger to charge li-ion cells if you paid me and I stood 5 miles away..
I think the corded chargers are corded fpr a reason, mainly heat dissipation.
A wall charger is by necessity smal, and won't be able to shed heat as well as a regular one.
P

BillG

Newly Enlightened
you may be right...but what about the lights that recharge cell IN the light? there is no cord to dissapate for them?

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
I don't have any numbers to back it up,but I imagine the in light chargers are not as fast as a corded stand alone unit.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
you may be right...but what about the lights that recharge cell IN the light? there is no cord to dissapate for them?

If you look at HKJs tests you will see that the charging unit generates a lot of heat. Most of them are powered by a wall wart, simailar to the PSU that powers the in-light charger. The heat in the in-light charger is dissipated by the light, which is hopefully made of aluminium.
Anyay, this detracts from your original question, there don't seem to be a lot, if any, wall chargers around for Li Ion cells made by reputable manufacturers. There is probably a good reason for that. i've suggested one that may well be wrong.
Another reason may be the variation in AC socket types round the World. If you make a corded charger the wall wart can be bought in and added to the package to suit the various outlets.
P

Last edited: