Can I ship cr123s? I'm in the US.

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody,
I am switching to aas. I have some Surefire cr123s I want to unload (maybe a dozen). I am in Northern California. I have received conflicting versions of the shipping rules at the post office. The usps website was was not very helpful. Is there a way to ship them? Or do I just grab a Malkoff cr123 torch?...I'm pretty sure I know what a lot of people here will suggest...:) But really, does anyone know of a way to unload them (UPS etc)?
Also, I have a Surefire cr123 box that is a little worn and a Pelican case with a foam insert for cr123s, if these make a difference. I would prefer to hold onto the case. It is nice.
Gracias

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't part with your Pelican Case. If you have a Surefire CR123 box and want to sell a dozen, then that would work great because they will be all held together without moving around. I think the most important thing is that they aren't just thrown loosely into a box or bag. If you aren't going to use the Surfire box, then use some masking tape to hold several together and possibly some tap across the top of the terminals. Wrap with bubble wrap.

I know when I've received lithium ion batteries in the mail, They have had a sticker on the box. You may have to place a lithium sticker on the package. You probably could just print one off from the internet and glue/tape it to your package. Google the internet for picture.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't part with your Pelican Case. If you have a Surefire CR123 box and want to sell a dozen, then that would work great because they will be all held together without moving around. I think the most important thing is that they aren't just thrown loosely into a box or bag. If you aren't going to use the Surfire box, then use some masking tape to hold several together and possibly some tap across the top of the terminals. Wrap with bubble wrap.

I know when I've received lithium ion batteries in the mail, They have had a sticker on the box. You may have to place a lithium sticker on the package. You probably could just print one off from the internet and glue/tape it to your package. Google the internet for picture.
Shipping requirements state that the cells must be secured in such a way that there is no chance of a short occurring. I would use cardboard strips between rows of cells to help ensure rigidity, then put a strip of tape over all of the positive terminals.
Please remember that the Lithium sticker has to have a phone number of someone to contact in case of damage to the shipment. The intent is that whoever is called will be trained in containment and mitigation. You might want to check around and see if anyone offers a service providing stickers and the response function.
[humor] You could always find a bunch of cheap lights and put a cell in each light. If a cell is installed into a piece of equipment the rules are much simpler. [/humor]