Klarus        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

Default Re: Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

I don't know if you've heard back from Scout yet but.......

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Well, I had originally signed up for this passaround after ordering a Synergy, thinking if it didn't arrive quickly, I would at least get to check one out before my order arrived. Well, mine was in the mailbox today. Please take my name off the list and let RogerSully and the rest of the crew get to see it quicker!
    ...I don't know if anything has changed and he might want to see the new style but I'm just throwing this out there.

Haha scout24 confirmed he's passing, guess it's you Roge_Sully. Please resend your shipping information via PM to confirm.
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlightís potential, not sure where it got itís popularity. - DB Customs

PM sent!

Passaround is en route Roger_Sully
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlightís potential, not sure where it got itís popularity. - DB Customs

Thanks for the add. Checking in from FB/flashlight fanatics.

Though it looks like a long waiting period, count me in!

Very cool looking light, and would love to test a short 2XAAA in a side by side arrangement against my long time companion, a "Streamix" LD01 head on a Stylus Pro body with 2 Eneloops.
    I'm an excellent driver. Of course I don't have my underwear... I'm definitely not wearing my underwear

This is different, gotta check it out. Please add me to the long list.

Wanted to share some more pictures I took on my last day with the Synergy1. This is a large album of images. I am always terrible at narrowing them down so figured I will just post them all for everyone to enjoy! I originally planned to title the album "Farewell to Frelux" and it seems all the more appropriate now. Also, a few more quick thoughts I forgot to include last time. The clip came installed on the left side and most pictures I have seen have it on that side as well. I personally prefer it on the right side. Seems to give better ergonomics for how I hold and pocket the light. A question came up as well if the clip was functional and stuck up above the highest point on the side of the body. I also was curious if it were going to be able and slide on and off the pocket one handed or if you would have to pull up on the clip. The lip of the clip does extend up slightly above the body and works very well. It was one of the more functional clips I have used on a light and easily slid on and off the pocket one handed.
    https://imgur.com/a/KXwJHSZ

Received the light this evening and I'm impressed with it so far. Going to carry it around for a bit and let y'all know my thoughts!

Edit: The light did not come with batteries. Thankfully I had 2 alkalines on hand or I would have had to wait for tomorrow to play. I almost never have AAAs!
    Last edited by Roger Sully; 08-23-2018 at 08:00 PM.

OK i need to get myself one of these.....The low could be a little lower for bopping around the house in the wee hours but other than that I canít think of any cons to state!
    I sent a PM to Fluid Motion but didnít a reply since Friday. I just sent a PM to Ironhorse to send it to him in the event I donít hear from Fluid very soon.

Light received today. I will post my review next week.
    I choose to carry a flashlight because I am often kept in the dark.

Glad to see it on the move again, thanks guys and appreciate your input Roger_Sully

First of all, thanks to Roger Sully. He shipped it to me UPS overnight.

I was not expecting to like this light as much as I do. It really impressed me. I think the led on this second light in the passaround must be a Nichia 219 C or B. The CRI and tint is very good. The light fits very nicely in the hand. Depending how it is held, either the fingers or the thumb sit nicely in the center contour. The low and medium modes are very close together. So much so that you have to look hard to tell them apart. It tail stands very well and will not be rolling off of a table.

I will likely end up buying one at some point.

I would like to see another clip option. A reverse clip to allow it to be clipped to the bill of a hat. The size and shape of this light would be perfect for that.

The light was shipped to eraursls1984 this morning. It's going to be missed.

Well, this is awkward. I had asked to be added to the list but seeing as how long it was already and I didn't want to wait 5 to 6 months just to get my hands on one I went ahead and bought one. So I no longer need to be added to the list. Since I'm posting, might as well go ahead and spill my thoughts on this light.

Con's:
    • Same thing others have said regarding the driver. It's not intuitive using MLH especially when M & L are almost the same. Low should be lower and should be LMH.
    • I worry about the screw/bolt or retention cap getting stripped. Changing batteries can be cumbersome, pushing and holding everything together while screwing down the retention cap. Maybe it just takes time to get used to or practice, but I worry about starting the threads and turning it a time or two before I realize I'm off on an angle and just eating the threads. Have there been any problems or reports from others doing this in the past?

Pro's:
    • Unique design and looks. Not much out there looks like this and those that are similar (Nitecore MT22A and Sunwayman D20A) don't look as good in my opinion... except maybe the Cool Fall Spy (at well over 10x the price).
    • Top quality machining, fit and finish. Everything fits together precisely and perfectly, no gaps or voids.
    • Fuel source is easily obtainable, AAA can be gotten anywhere.
    • The clip appeared to look lacking, but after getting my hands on one it more than adequately holds the light tightly. It was also specifically cut to fit so that it's tight and conforms to the shape of the body, testament to the thought that appears to have gone into the entire light.
    • The beam is pleasant, nice hot spot and spill with no ugly artifacts, reflector makes this good for tasks within several feet.
    • Very comfortable in the hand with multiple ways to hold the light.
    • The packaging tin it comes in was also a nice touch. Wasn't just vacuformed in some hard to open plastic bubble.

I've not had the light long enough to comment yet on run time. Nor can I comment on the durability as I'm not about to perform drop tests on mine, nor should you on the pass around. I've read that the light is water resistant, but doesn't guarantee being water proof. Again, this is not something I'm willing to test with mine. If I ever have an accident I'll update my post.

Overall, this light isn't going to blow anyone away. It's not a blinding torch made to turn night into day or to light up an object a hundred yards away. It's a unique little pocket carry light that will more than adequately cast light on the task at hand so that you can see. It's simple to use and doesn't require a cheat sheet or memorization for programming functions. After reading about the upcoming enhancements, I'll definitely look to purchase another that addresses the shortcomings of the UI. The price is very good for a custom built unique flashlight that provides multiple color options to make it look how you want.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234