• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What's the next X80 varietas are you most looking forward to?

acebeam

Enlightened

The next 'X-man' in Acebeam X80
X80-2018.jpg

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
I'd like to see a single XHP35-Hi in a big reflector in the middle of the X80 driven at the same current as the ACEBEAM L16 ...... so that you can have throw (central XHP35-HI), flood (outer ring of emitters) or both throw and flood combined.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
One with a dedicated wide and shallow reflector for throw using 1 35 HI, and one using multiple LEDs with different CCTs?

acebeam

Enlightened
I'd like to see a single XHP35-Hi in a big reflector in the middle of the X80 driven at the same current as the ACEBEAM L16 ...... so that you can have throw (central XHP35-HI), flood (outer ring of emitters) or both throw and flood combined.

Quietly tell you that X70 will be same LED/reflector arranged as your wishes :naughty:

acebeam

Enlightened
One with a dedicated wide and shallow reflector for throw using 1 35 HI, and one using multiple LEDs with different CCTs?

+1 multiple LEDs with different CCTs, great idea!
PS: CCTs means correlated colour temperature?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Quietly tell you that X70 will be same LED/reflector arranged as your wishes :naughty:

That's good to hear, but I'd also like to see this arrangement in a more compact form. :thumbsup:

My perfect light would be one similar to the ACEBEAM L16 but with a 21700 battery and a flat tailcap for tailstanding, also with a flood emitter (maybe on the side).

Last edited:

anthon87

Newly Enlightened
I really hope there is a new X80 in NW 5000k version. I'd buy it ASAP, X80 it's the best can sized flashlight but the CW kept me away from buying it..

The other version might be a X80 with a XHP35 HI in the center instead of the red + green + blue + uv leds, that will give a good amount of throw and flood with all the leds combined, just like a mini X70

Doug

Enlightened
I love my ACEBAM X80... All I really want is an end cap with a waterproof USB C port to charge the batteries, as its a pain to take out all the batteries, charge them, put them back in... For a light I use so much. I assume making a new end cap would be easy, and you could sell them to us current X80 owners..... Would make this light even more useful! Why the water proof USB C? So you don't have to make some lame rubber cover or door of any kind, a waterproof USB C port will never need to be covered, and if it gets full of crud, you wash it out... Nice, eh? Please make this add so us current owners can buy it for our X80s! Of course a magnetic charger would be nice, but I don't think they charge that fast for a 4x18650 light like this one....

Perhaps a version with the same UV emitters (the reason I take this light on trips, to check to make sure my hotel room is clean or not!), maybe an ever better UV for spotting stuff on sheets, etc? I don't really need blue or green, red is useful.... Perhaps you can make a version of this light with 1/2 RED, 1/2 UV in the middle, and the outer ring can be 1/2 5600k, 1/2 3200k, preferably HI CRI for both, and no flicker so it can be used for a video light.... I love the wide beam!

Last edited: