High power UV led

Sikamikanico

Newly Enlightened
I've had the itch for a while and have a few flashlights. All olights atm.

I'm as much as a noob as you can get. Didn't know modding was a thing till I stumbled across some info on an online forum. I guess now I better prepare to start spending some dough!

Here's my question for you experts. I clean carpet for a living and by far my biggest money maker is my uv light. The technology has come a long way over the years. One of the largest factors of usability is being able to use it in rooms that you can't get very dark. A lot of times I'm inspecting during the day and not all windows have coverings. Most of the time you can't block out all the light. The light I'm currently using does ok in lighted conditions but I'm always searching for the next best thung. I stumbled across this light put out by the same manufacturer that sells my current light.

I'm pretty sure these are being made to spec for them and before I put down over four bills for this one I was hoping for opinions. Looks like they are using the best uv LEDs and might do better under lighted conditions.

Is this light or something similar available from somewhere else?
Could a more powerful one be built for the same price?

Thanks for the input!

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AX177

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's odd is, they're using 385nm instead of 365nm LEDs.
But in answer to your question, yes there are several uv LED lights available. & yes, DIY is also an option.
As far as ALL the available options, that I couldn't tell you, without narrowing down your specific needs/wants in said device.

Last edited:

MX421

Enlightened
I've had the itch for a while and have a few flashlights. All olights atm.

I'm as much as a noob as you can get. Didn't know modding was a thing till I stumbled across some info on an online forum. I guess now I better prepare to start spending some dough!

Here's my question for you experts. I clean carpet for a living and by far my biggest money maker is my uv light. The technology has come a long way over the years. One of the largest factors of usability is being able to use it in rooms that you can't get very dark. A lot of times I'm inspecting during the day and not all windows have coverings. Most of the time you can't block out all the light. The light I'm currently using does ok in lighted conditions but I'm always searching for the next best thung. I stumbled across this light put out by the same manufacturer that sells my current light.

I'm pretty sure these are being made to spec for them and before I put down over four bills for this one I was hoping for opinions. Looks like they are using the best uv LEDs and might do better under lighted conditions.

Is this light or something similar available from somewhere else?
Could a more powerful one be built for the same price?

Thanks for the input!

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AX177

What is your current light? The link doesn't say how many lumens that light puts out.

I'd suggest exploring other options, you could put a kit like that together for much less. Sportac has a 3 nichia emitter drop in with a high/low, but its under 1000 lumens. However, the sportac triples eat up batteries fast so if you go that route have a few spare batteries. Much cheaper than the light in the link.

Hell, for less than what you'd pay for that light in that link you'd be better off getting Vinh to modify a multi emitter light like a Fenix TK75 or something.

x8353

Newly Enlightened
You might take a look at the UniqueFire 1408 UV 365nm. Not particularly well made, but you could get two or three and switch parts to count on keep one running (probably). Don't accidentally get the 395nm - even if it's cheaper, it is less useful.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sikamikanico,
Here are a couple of economical 365nm UV options. The first one listed requires a rechargeable Li-ion cell, in the form of either a 16650, 17670, or, for best runtime, 18650 cells. If you are not using rechargeable Li-ion cells, and are considering it, please, please, please do all the research/reading you can on this forum so that there are no possible flaming explosions and concurrent releases of highly toxic gasses. Don't scrimp; get the best possible quality cells and charger that you can afford, and do not leaving the charging activity unattended. Okay, I will get off of my soapbox now.

The Convoy S2 light comes in several versions, and they make a UV version. 365nm. 3.7 volts. They go anywhere from $15-$25, I think. There is also a UV "pass filter" that should, theoretically, make it even more effective by only allowing UV light through, although there should already be not much visible light coming from a 365nm UV light. The filter is called a ZWB2 filter, it is 20.5mm in diameter, and is less than $5. Here is one source for that filter:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32649282235.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.T1sFuk

Here is another alternative for a UV light:

http://kaidomain.com/p/S026464.KDLIGHT-P6-UV-365nm-3V-12V-1-Mode-OP-UV-P60-Drop-in

This link is for a Kaidomain P60 sized drop-in led module that is also 365nm, and the module is 3 volts -12 volts, so it will work in Surefire bezels, and theorectically, Surefire imitators such as Solarforce and others, although sometimes there can be certain fitment issues. It is currently less than $10. If you could find a Surefire 9P or C3, or reasonable facsimile thereof, you could, run it off of either CR123a cells, or possibly 2xAA, although a SF-compatible 3XAA body would be even better. There is also an appropriately-sized ZWB2 filter that will fit a SF bezel for about $1, at:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ZWB...0ca4464&transAbTest=ae803_2&priceBeautifyAB=0

Last edited:

x8353

Newly Enlightened
I'll endorse the Convoy s2+ UV as well, it's my number two favorite after the UniqueFire 1408 UV 365nm (followed by Jaxman u1s 365nm, followed by a JetBeam Jet-UV AAA keychain) The Convoy is better made, the UniqueFire projects a much stronger UV illumination - much wider and much further, much more suitable for scanning an area, especially a lighted area, though I made do with the Convoy for two or three years. Getting the UF brought joy to my heart, and new discoveries to my seeking. I tend to now carry the JetBeam at all times, the Jaxman in my pocket if I think I'm likely to want UV, the UniqueFire if I know I'm going to want UV and I'm willing to put up with the extra bulk & weight.

I do wish I could find a 38mm or 39mm ZWB2 for the UniqueFire. But my experience with 365nm is that the filters are nice for drawing less attention when I'm wandering around at night looking for lichens and such, but don't otherwise much enhance the seeking unless what you are looking for fluoresces in the purple to blue range.

The Jaxman comes with filter installed, and would be worth getting as well, as an always-with-you resource and backup.

Heck I'd suggest getting one of each of the four. ;}

And watch for the AceBeam X80-UV, coming soon and likely to be a treat, even if you might not benefit so much from the switchable white/UV modes - though I bet it would impress the customers if you cranked up turbo white to "just check" a shadowed corner or a subtle spot.

bwDraco

Newly Enlightened
The first thing that comes to mind is the Nitecore Chameleon CU6, which has a 365nm UV emitter outputting 3000 mW, alongside a Cree XLamp XP-G2 providing 440 lm of white light and RGB secondary emitters. It accepts one 18650 or two CR123 cells.

Although it isn't as powerful as the Hydro-Force AX177 you linked to, it does cost closer to $100 than $450.

Draco

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sikamikanico,
This link is for a Kaidomain P60 sized drop-in led module that is also 365nm, and the module is 3 volts -12 volts,
[/URL]

I think that's the one I got. And it's OK. Not earth moving but pretty much OK. It gets much brighter as the voltage goes up.
[

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first thing that comes to mind is the Nitecore Chameleon CU6, which has a 365nm UV emitter outputting 3000 mW, alongside a Cree XLamp XP-G2 providing 440 lm of white light and RGB secondary emitters. It accepts one 18650 or two CR123 cells.

Although it isn't as powerful as the Hydro-Force AX177 you linked to, it does cost closer to $100 than $450.

Draco

Interesting option. They got reviews.