NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Preon P1 MKIII

Default Re: Preon P1 MKIII

I think the hybrid works this way. If you just cycle through the light without keeping it on a specific output for a set amount of time, the light will reset to that start of the cycle. However, if you cycle through and use an output (example: high) for longer than a predetermine time, the light will start up next time on high in this example.
    Last edited by Cerealand; 06-19-2018 at 10:35 AM.

If the answer is medium, that certainly isn't what I would expect when I hear "memory function = revert to mode 1." Unless, of course, mode 1 is medium, but in my example using config 4, mode 1 is low.

I'll wait for a definitive answer. I'd hate to regret a purchase before the product has even arrived.

In your example, I think it would be Medium. If you want to get it to start on low, the light may have to be cycled quicky so the light would reset to mode 1.

Quote Originally Posted by elzilcho View Post
    If the answer is medium, that certainly isn't what I would expect when I hear "memory function = revert to mode 1." Unless, of course, mode 1 is medium, but in my example using config 4, mode 1 is low.

I'll wait for a definitive answer. I'd hate to regret a purchase before the product has even arrived.
    The answer is medium. Thanks for the feedback on the wording. Iíll update the site with a better explanation. Traditionally there are ďno memoryĒ and ďmemoryĒ lights. The Hybrid memory is a newer thing but I figured just saying hybrid would be confusing. The intent is that you get both of the advantages of memory and no memory.

I always palm a light when Iím turning it on in the dark to avoid getting blinded. If it comes on low you are good to go. If itís on...say medium...cycling the button once will get you back to mode 1, rather than scrolling through high.

Quote Originally Posted by elzilcho View Post

It remembers your last used output and reset to mode 1 on next mode change. So for your example it will turn to Med and the next mode change would low instead of high. That the way I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newguy2012 View Post
    It remembers your last used output and reset to mode 1 on next mode change. So for your example it will turn to Med and the next mode change would low instead of high. That the way I understand it.
    My understanding as well. I don't like it because I can still blind myself if I forgot to end it on low.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    The answer is medium. Thanks for the feedback on the wording. Iíll update the site with a better explanation. Traditionally there are ďno memoryĒ and ďmemoryĒ lights. The Hybrid memory is a newer thing but I figured just saying hybrid would be confusing. The intent is that you get both of the advantages of memory and no memory.

I always palm a light when Iím turning it on in the dark to avoid getting blinded. If it comes on low you are good to go. If itís on...say medium...cycling the button once will get you back to mode 1, rather than scrolling through high.
    Thanks for the clarification. Others may have interpreted the description differently, I understood it to mean that it always reverted to mode 1. At least I know now, and can just sell it NIB without needing to open it. The light has a lot of other nice features, hope it's a hit for you.

Would have liked tail standing

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    My understanding as well. I don't like it because I can still blind myself if I forgot to end it on low.
    You won't if you aim it at the ceiling or Just palm it like Jason does.

If you aim it at the ceiling at night, the whole room would light up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    If you aim it at the ceiling at night, the whole room would light up.
    It's not that bright. It's the way I use it for years. I never anyone woke up this way.

Is it a forward or reverse clicky? BTW: 219C =
    Last edited by Lucky Duck; 06-19-2018 at 12:32 PM.

You won't if you aim it at the ceiling or Just palm it like Jason does.
    Yeah, there is always a manual work around like that, but having the UI option is what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Just ordered one and some extra batteries. I hope the battery hype is real.

One thing i didnít notice on the website is place of manufacture. Do anybody know where these are actually being made?
    Hey, wacbzz! Hope you're doing well. I don't have a definitive answer. However, the description on the website reads, We only made 125 lights in each finish. That leads me to believe that they were machined in-house. Of course it could very easily mean, We only had 125 lights made in each finish. It'd be too cool if they were indeed machined by Jason & CO. The lack of a flag icon in the specifications section doesn't lend any clues.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Default My Preon

I think the Four sevens were made in China.
    Foursevens lights were manufactured in China. I was hoping since these were prototypes, we would be fortunate enough to have these made by Jason or his staff.
    That was my original thought as well. I know that the FS lights were made in China, but I was just hoping the new owner had perhaps made them in house. Unlikely, but maybe. Country of origin made/makes no difference in my purchase decision. Nonetheless, I'd still like to know.

As well, in looking at the six(?!) different configuration modes, why is there no simple Hi-Lo or Lo-Hi? While it may be an "improvement" to have Lo-Med-Hi-Burst-Strobe and whatever other additional configurations there are, it is with head scratching wonder that the most probable use of this light would not require strobe or a burst mode. Simple Hi-Lo or Lo-Hi - at least as a user configurable option - would have been welcome...

Edit: Hi Chance! Your idea would indeed be pretty cool.
    Last edited by wacbzz; 06-19-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Way I understood it, is these were NOS Foursevens lights originally manufactured in China, and in-house which were gutted then machined to remove knurling under the clip, then coated and re-assembled to create what we see in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by malJohann View Post
    Way I understood it, is these were NOS Foursevens lights originally manufactured in China, and in-house which were gutted then machined to remove knurling under the clip, then coated and re-assembled to create what we see in front of us.
    No, these are new production

https://darksucks.com/products/preon-p1
    Anyone here getting it? The efficiency of the light looks to good to be true. I'm bit impressed how much stuff is packed in the light for the price.
    Run time of other modes are calculated based on measured run time on high.
    Last edited by archer6817j; 06-19-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    That was my original thought as well. I know that the FS lights were made in China, but I was just hoping the new owner had perhaps made them in house. Unlikely, but maybe. Country of origin made/makes no difference in my purchase decision. Nonetheless, I'd still like to know.

As well, in looking at the six(?!) different configuration modes, why is there no simple Hi-Lo or Lo-Hi? While it may be an "improvement" to have Lo-Med-Hi-Burst-Strobe and whatever other additional configurations there are, it is with head scratching wonder that the most probable use of this light would not require strobe or a burst mode. Simple Hi-Lo or Lo-Hi - at least as a user configurable option - would have been welcome...
    Medium/High is 15/60 lumens (configuration 3) and is basically what you are looking for. All configurations (except the first two) have 100 lumen burst mode available. Configuration 5 is "reversed" and has H/M/L. With the hybrid memory you can basically just use H/M and never have to scroll through low. I realized it's a break from convention to call moonlight "low" but part of that is driven by burst mode being the "true" high at 100% output.

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    Would have liked tail standing
    Can't have everything Tailstanding is always my preference, but basically if you want a clicky on a light this small in diameter it can't tailstand because the button has to be proud. The flat metal tailcap had two issues: 1) it feels really janky and tends to get stuck, as with all "metal cap over rubber boot" buttons. 2) It activated by accident all the time.

Looks like the non shiny versions are the most popular. Both satin sold out.

Looks like the non shiny versions are the most popular. Both satin sold out.
    The polished finishes looks plasticky to me. I'm guessing the two satin finishes are most likely to stay in production.

The finish on these are very appealing. The quality looks nice, with the Prometheus vibe. Well Done!

The polished finishes looks plasticky to me. I'm guessing the two satin finishes are most likely to stay in production.
    Which possibly makes the polished versions more collectable, if they donít make it to production. I got the Polished Nickel because a smooth satin finish is too slippery, and all my other lights are black, but if I had more cash I wouldíve gone for the Tuxedo too. Also, I donít care for finger printing.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    No, these are new production
    New production in China or on-prem?

Which possibly makes the polished versions more collectable, if they donít make it to production. I got the Polished Nickel because a smooth satin finish is too slippery, and all my other lights are black, but if I had more cash I wouldíve gone for the Tuxedo too. Also, I donít care for finger printing.
    Also, this run of 500 will be the only ones that sport the Prometheus and the Foursevens branding. Totally cool / artistic / maker / feature.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

New production in China or on-prem?
    It's unlikely he it does on-prem. It more likely the Production is in China.

Make this in a P2 and I'm in!
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

I missed the satin nickel. Hopefully it will show up again or perhaps in ti...

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    I missed the satin nickel. Hopefully it will show up again or perhaps in ti...
    Where ya been keeping yourself, over on that other forum? Seeing how quickly the satin sold out, they're probably be more coming down the pike.

~ Chance

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast