The Fenix-Store        

Thread: Which Airgun Forum?

Default Which Airgun Forum?

Was hoping members might know/have experience with the different airgun forums. Ideally many of the folks there are adult-like and reasonably polite with knowledge/actual use of FX rifles (Indy in particular) and alloy pellets. I emailed JSB pellet manufacturers in Czech Republic to inquire if they were going to produce lead free .30 caliber pellets. A quick response said they do have prototypes and are testing with FX guns. Would like to ask specific questions to experienced people. Thanks!

Default Re: Which Airgun Forum?

I do a fair bit with both air rifles & pistols myself (am very heavily involved with 0.177"), and although the 'Yellow Forum' (called "AGW" now?) is considered to be /the/ place, I've never found it to be very 'readable'.

By far my favorite: there is a devoted cadre of serious airgunners over at RimfireCentral.com - they can be rather technical on occasion so is a good fit for CPF'ers I think.
    RFC is a polite & friendly forum and very well moderated also; quite professional in every respect.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 06-21-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Great Thanks!

Saw Yellow Forum but never rimfirecentral.
    Air Gun Nation seemed to come up during search

Sounds good; if you sign up, pm me your username and can touch base on that forum. The airgun subforums at RFC may not have the depth of readership compared to a dedicated forum, but the members are first-class; and more technical than a typical firearms forum for sure. Best of luck,
    Last edited by Kestrel; 06-21-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Waiting on acceptance as a member to rimfirecentral.com
    Last edited by KITROBASKIN; 06-22-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Been a couple days now and still no email confirmation code from rimfirecentral.com

Still reading on that forum, however.

...... Do they allow snark? Perhaps that's the holdup.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    ...... Do they allow snark? Perhaps that's the holdup.

~ Chance
    Very possibly true! Maybe the commandant there wants to put every would-be member on notice... or the name kitrobaskin is synonomous with 'quarrelsome ninny'?
    The thing about that, is each of us most often thinks that we as individuals are important or significant to others, when in fact, we are total nobodies to others, so much of the time. Don't you think?

Interestingly, rimfirecentral does list other informational resources, including other forums. But their leader describes herself as mean, with an image of a cranky/negative(?) female character from the tv series 'The Simpsons'.
    Last edited by KITROBASKIN; 06-24-2018 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Deleted: May have violated forum etiquette

Flashaholic

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?board=12

There's a bunch of nice knowledgeable guys here. And the new Yellow too. https://airgunwarriors.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post

The thing about that, is each of us most often thinks that we as individuals are important or significant to others, when in fact, we are total nobodies to others, so much of the time. Don't you think?

Sorry, not sure what your actually attempting to convey, and, while I'm loath to leave your post unanswered, I think it's a rabbit hole best explored via PM. Feel free to continue there, if you so desire.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Sorry, not sure what your actually attempting to convey, and, while I'm loath to leave your post unanswered, I think it's a rabbit hole best explored via PM. Feel free to continue there, if you so desire.

~ Chance
    Just talking in general. In this case, the webmaster at RFC is not concerned whether I am snarky or not. She is busy with things that are important to her. It is so many times the vanity of man (humans) to think we are so important to others and the world. Not trying to be negative, trying to convey our own tendencies of self importance. No big deal, sorry for the mixed message and Never meant to belittle friendship, family and other strong, meaningful, important bonds among humans.

Thanks DimmerD. Am checking those forums out. Good to hear from a Louisiana person!

Thanks for the clarity. May you always shoot straight and hit the intended target.

~ Chance

Thanks CG. Perhaps we could add, "Know what's beyond your target" and "Don't be pointing things at people for no good reason"

Rimfirecentral.com has accepted my membership! Also took DimmerD's advice and joined the (mostly) friendly folks at gatewaytoairguns.org
    airgunnation.com was easy to join and seems to have some good information.

Thanks to all.

Talk about an abundance of content / information, searching Air Gun on YouTube produces 1,400,000 results. Who knew?!

~ CG

Got that right! Here on CPF we get knowledgeable people saying technical things few of us fully understand; same there. Basic physics concepts get turned all cock-eyed when other non-obvious elements come into play. Harmonics (vibrations) can be tuned for optimum performance. Variations in projectiles are the basis for extensive discussion. You've got the high-end folks and the DIY pros (get stuff from Asia and make 'em even better) along with plinkers, hardcore target shooters, the hunters (including big game), pesters, and a few individuals (in my opinion) undeserving of respect. Talented makers from Russia, Sweden, Korea, China, United States of America, Czeck Republic, Germany, and more...

So it is sort of like flashlights. Most people have no idea how much is going on with portable light.

RimfireCentral has some helpful males and presumably females in the airgun section. Quite a few females are present on airgun forums. (You do know they are inherently better shots, right?)