RMSK, Inc.        

Thread: Aaa keychain light?

Default Aaa keychain light?

My old Fenix l0dce-q4 is still going strong but itís definitely dated led tech. I could do an emitter swap but Iím in my last o ring and the keychain ring is almost worn through the aluminum. Considering hunting for a replacement.

Ideally, it would be a low-high 2 mode twisty starting in low every time. 10lumen or there about. High mode for max output possible with around 60min run time maybe a little less. AAA only. Also ipx8 waterproof minimums. Would prefer something that wonít be phased by
    A canoe trip... or a trip through the washer.

Any thoughts? Iím very tempted by the SF
    Titan but at $60 there has got to be other competition with either better specs or lower cost.

Default Re: Aaa keychain light?

Fenix E05 2014 Edition?
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    Fenix E05 2014 Edition?
    Good shout, it's one more mode that the OP was looking for, but the budget is right, the mode order is right, it's a twisty and I know it's a great light from personal experience

Only downside of the E05 is that the XP-E2 is a dated emitter itself. I'm going to throw the Reylight Copper Pineapple AAA into the ring. The Nichia 219c emitter will give a much nicer light than the Cree. Ignore the mode order on BangGood, I have checked elsewhere and it is Low-Mid-High.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSalt View Post
    Only downside of the E05 is that the XP-E2 is a dated emitter itself. I'm going to throw the Reylight Copper Pineapple AAA into the ring. The Nichia 219c emitter will give a much nicer light than the Cree. Ignore the mode order on BangGood, I have checked elsewhere and it is Low-Mid-High.

Yeah I noticed that about the e05 also. If this l0d crapped out and I needed to replace now it would make sense though Iíd likely just fill in with a new e01 or i3e for a budget measure.

That reylight looks like a great option! The bail for attaching to a key ring looks suspect though. Is it durable?

Looking through Banggood I found another interesting options. IPx8 rated, nichia 219c and lo-m-hi twisty. Under $10. Great reviews. Pulled the trigger on an Astrolux A01 nichia 219c. It'll be a while before it arrives but, depending on quality, *could* displace my trusted L0DceQ4.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck91 View Post
    Looking through Banggood I found another interesting options. IPx8 rated, nichia 219c and lo-m-hi twisty. Under $10. Great reviews. Pulled the trigger on an Astrolux A01 nichia 219c. It'll be a while before it arrives but, depending on quality, *could* displace my trusted L0DceQ4.
    I've not experienced Astrolux myself, but if it works out, that's a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck91 View Post
    Any thoughts? Iím very tempted by the SF
    Titan but at $60 there has got to be other competition with either better specs or lower cost.

I'm sure you can find a cheaper AAA than the Titan+... but mine has been EDC for two years now. No regrets. I'd buy another.

I have some experience with the A01. Great light with a nice LED, but I'm not too convinced of durability. It's also a larger design than other AAA keychains.

I'd toss in the Thrunite Ti3 XP-L version. Firefly-Low-High, twisty, and durable. I had an XPG2 version on my keychain for a long time, displaced by the smaller copper Olight i3e. You might be able to find a NW floating around, they also had a NW Titanium version at one point too.