RofisLight        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDS EDC Rotary Pass Around

Buttrock HDS EDC Rotary Pass Around

HDS EDC Rotary Pass Around

Pass Around Rules:

1. You must post your interest here. Simply post “ME please!!” to be included.

2. You must PM me your name and address. (ignore my sigline)

3. You must have been on the forum for at least 1 year and have 100 posts.

4. When you ship the light, you must post here that it has been shipped and to whom (CPF name only) and when you receive the light, you must post here that you received it.

5. You agree to use the light, but not abuse the light (you are not me and don’t get to shoot it). That is reserved for a special kind of crazy named Hogo.

6. Please post your comments, pictures, beam shots, and/or a review here. (Don't bother reviewing the emitter. It's... and it's skin is cold) It's an XPG emitter and the light is calibrated at 200 lumens. That emitter isn't even offered by HDS anymore so it's a moot point. I just took the Executive pass around head and reprogrammed it to be Rotary and calibrated it at 200.

7. Please limit your time with the light to no longer than 5 days, so everyone gets a chance.

8. You are responsible for shipping the light to the next person on the list. You will not ship the light with a battery! You will perform a “Factory Reset” on the light before shipping it and will include the package and manual.

9. You agree to cover the shipping costs to next on the list and it has to include $279 insurance with tracking. At this time, we will not have the light go international. Sorry.

10. Please PM the next person on the list for their shipping info.
    This will help the progression of the pass-around, even though I will already have it.

11. I reserve the right to reorder the list.

12. Please reserve this for folks who have never gotten a chance to play with an HDS Rotary.

GO!

1. sgt253

2. A-MAC

3. badbs101

4. m
    raymer

5. JoeRodge

6. lion504

7. bigburly992

Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 07-04-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: HDS EDC Rotary Pass Around

ME please!
    Prometheans #253

Me please!

Quote Originally Posted by lion504 View Post
    Me please!
    Send me a PM with the requested info and I will add you to the list.
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Me please.

Go for it guys, find out why this is the favorite light of so many CPF'ers.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

I don't think I meet the requirements but I would be willing to give some personal information to try this light out. I've gone from a stream light fanboy, to zebra and my next logical(I mean expensive?) increment is to check this guy out. I've been looking at the rotary specifically. Lovely light.

Me please.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRodge View Post
    I don't think I meet the requirements but I would be willing to give some personal information to try this light out. I've gone from a stream light fanboy, to zebra and my next logical(I mean expensive?) increment is to check this guy out. I've been looking at the rotary specifically. Lovely light.
    Send me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Go for it guys, find out why this is the favorite light of so many CPF'ers.

+1

Me please.

I prefer a clicky over a twisty design and have several HDS lights, but have never tried out a rotary. Good opportunity to see if it can win me over.
    Last edited by mraymer; 06-26-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mraymer View Post
    Me please.

I prefer a clicky over a twisty design and have several HDS lights, but have never tried out a rotary. Good opportunity to see if it can win me over.
    I've never liked twisty designs myself, but the Rotary is a different animal all together. It's hard for me to go back to an Executive for EDC, though I do keep a few around.

Quote Originally Posted by mraymer View Post
    Me too, clicky over twisty, but a Rotary is completely different and if you don't like it at first (like me), it'll probably grow on you. Rotary took me a little while to like more than my Clicky, but for a few years now it's been my absolute #1.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Me too, clicky over twisty, but a Rotary is completely different and if you don't like it at first (like me), it'll probably grow on you. Rotary took me a little while to like more than my Clicky, but for a few years now it's been my absolute #1.
    It's so hard to go back once you do the Rotary. When I worked doing stupid stuff, I liked the Tactical, but now... it's Rotary all the way!

Sorry, been very busy.
    Will have the light shipped to the first person on the list next week (I will be out of town from Tuesday until Friday night this week).

I lied.

Incoming!!!!!!!!!

to sgt253

Flashaholic*

Me please!
    TOOLvn,TN36UTvn,TN32UTvn,SK68vn,SK98vn,M2Xvn,P60vn quad <<bit of a theme. several variations of S1Baton, srMini, Factor Equipment ghost 130, Cossatot 1000xl, Mizpah 300 Reylight copper tool

Updated OP

Flashaholic*

Rotary received. Cant wait to see what its all about...
    Prometheans #253

Flashaholic*

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts I’m ecstatic. Probably the only way I can handle one for a while
    TOOLvn,TN36UTvn,TN32UTvn,SK68vn,SK98vn,M2Xvn,P60vn quad <<bit of a theme. several variations of S1Baton, srMini, Factor Equipment ghost 130, Cossatot 1000xl, Mizpah 300 Reylight copper tool

Flashaholic*

"WOW!" This word is seldom uttered by me in relation to lights anymore. I have been privileged to own and to use many lights from mass produced manufacturers to semi-custom to custom makers for personal use and/or business use over the years. They have all served me well, but somehow they were just missing a feature or two that would allow them to fulfill the role as "the one". In my opinion, the HDS EDC Rotary is everything that one could possibly desire in a personally carried edc type light. The interface is absolutely fantastic! The ability to "dial in" the necessary amount of light while being able to instantly access the highest mode or a mode that has been preset to one's needs, for whatever may come, is perfectly engineered and executed. The low (moon mode) is quite low, the levels are very well spaced, the high (maximum) seems like more than enough to me. The one feature that has me really over the moon about it is the rotary function. A seemingly simple concept that is expertly executed is something to behold.
    The EDC Rotary, like the EDC Executive, is very well crafted. The knurling is aggressive enough for a solid purchase on the light without being too harsh to hands and to clothing. The size fits my medium sized hands very well. The heft lets one know that the light will survive just about anything over the long term. The scalloped bezel accomplishes its task of notifying one if the light is on or off when placed bezel down.
    The EDC Executive pass around was my first time experiencing an HDS light first hand. I was very well impressed by it for the reasons that I stated in its review. However, the HDS Rotary, for me, is the perfect edc light!
    Last edited by sgt253; 07-08-2018 at 09:04 AM. Reason: grammar
    Prometheans #253

Is there anything you didn't like about it? Anything you would change?

Flashaholic*

Hogo,
    There is really not one thing that I would change function wise. Aesthetics wise, I would order my own personal light with the high cri emitter and a black nitride bezel. Overall, I am really pleasantly surprised with the amount of engineering and attention to detail that an HDS light is crafted with. I have read almost every word about HDS in both current and previous forms. I will say that one has to experience the light in hand to gain a full appreciation for it. Job well done!
    Prometheans #253

Flashaholic*

Default HDS EDC Rotary Pass Around

I think you guys should go out in a limb and let folks in the UK, Germany, France have a play.... mmmm where else in Europe .... just take 1 light and let the little critter travel the world... well, Europe but not China...they have enough of our technology!
    Pr wise I think it might generate more sales
    Steve Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    I think you guys should go out in a limb and let folks in the UK, Germany, France have a play.... mmmm where else in Europe .... just take 1 light and let the little critter travel the world... well, Europe but not China...they have enough of our technology!
    Pr wise I think it might generate more sales
    LOL! It's the shipping cost. It could be done though if there is enough interest. Maybe when this one wraps up.

Flashaholic*

A-MAC pm sent.
    Prometheans #253

Quote Originally Posted by sgt253 View Post
    A-MAC pm sent.
    Replied and super psyched.

Flashaholic*

A-MAC, the light is on its way! Best.
    Prometheans #253

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    HDS EDC Rotary Pass Around

Pass Around Rules:

1. You must post your interest here. Simply post “ME please!!” to be included.

2. You must PM me your name and address. (ignore my sigline)

3. You must have been on the forum for at least 1 year and have 100 posts.

4. When you ship the light, you must post here that it has been shipped and to whom (CPF name only) and when you receive the light, you must post here that you received it.

5. You agree to use the light, but not abuse the light (you are not me and don’t get to shoot it). That is reserved for a special kind of crazy named Hogo.

6. Please post your comments, pictures, beam shots, and/or a review here. (Don't bother reviewing the emitter. It's... and it's skin is cold) It's an XPG emitter and the light is calibrated at 200 lumens. That emitter isn't even offered by HDS anymore so it's a moot point. I just took the Executive pass around head and reprogrammed it to be Rotary and calibrated it at 200.

7. Please limit your time with the light to no longer than 5 days, so everyone gets a chance.

8. You are responsible for shipping the light to the next person on the list. You will not ship the light with a battery! You will perform a “Factory Reset” on the light before shipping it and will include the package and manual.

9. You agree to cover the shipping costs to next on the list and it has to include $279 insurance with tracking. At this time, we will not have the light go international. Sorry.

10. Please PM the next person on the list for their shipping info.
    This will help the progression of the pass-around, even though I will already have it.

11. I reserve the right to reorder the list.

12. Please reserve this for folks who have never gotten a chance to play with an HDS Rotary.

GO!

1. sgt253

2. A-MAC

3. badbs101

4. m
    raymer

5. JoeRodge

6. lion504

7. bigburly992

Hogo can you send these ground rules to me via email so I can copy. Looks like I may be doing a Uk pass around.
    Steve Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    Hogo can you send these ground rules to me via email so I can copy. Looks like I may be doing a Uk pass around.
    Sent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast