SunwayLED        

Thread: Test/review of GP Recyko+ 9V 150mAh 15R8H (Green-Black)

Default Test/review of GP Recyko+ 9V 150mAh 15R8H (Green-Black)

GP Recyko+ 9V 150mAh 15R8H (Green-Black)

Official specifications:
    • Capacity: 150mAh
    • Voltage: 8.4V
    • Precharged
    • Lifetime: 6 years or 1000 cycles.

9V battery from GP with fairly low capacity

The battery do easily match the rated capacity, but it looks like there is some difference between the internal cells on the A battery (The vertical drop at the end).

Because this is a battery the cells need balancing, on NiMH this is done by a low current overcharge.

Conclusion

The capacity is slightly on the low side, but being a LSD (Low Self Discharge) cell it do have its applications.

Notes and links

How is the test done and how to read the charts
    Compare to other 9V batteries: Alkaline/NiMH/Lithium/other
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: https://lygte-info.dk/
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Test/review of GP Recyko+ 9V 150mAh 15R8H (Green-Black)

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    Conclusion The capacity is slightly on the low side, but being a LSD (Low Self Discharge) cell it do have its applications.
    Most if not all apps will be far better served by 2S Li-ion 9V batteries given that they have 4x capacity (600mAh) and lower self-discharge. They're also half the price - a few bucks each in quantity (e.g. EBL, Soshine). I've been using them with great success for a couple years in all my 9V devices. Possibly these GP's might stay better balanced over many cycles in some contexts - but that remains to be seen (count me skeptical).

How is one supposed to give this cell a slow charge, to keep the cells balanched, if standard over the counter chargers might not be slow enough?

Quote Originally Posted by lightseeker2009 View Post
    How is one supposed to give this cell a slow charge, to keep the cells balanched, if standard over the counter chargers might not be slow enough?
    It is usual the top-off or trickle charge that do the balancing (Or a timer based charging), because my charging is computer controlled I simply added 1 hour of 10% charge current (I do that to all 9V NiMH batteries now).
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: https://lygte-info.dk/
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

Thank you