Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: DC-2WOW

Default DC-2WOW

Incredible work Jeff! It does not get better than this! How could it possibly??

Look at this package!

Everything is branded except the light! Even the packing foam has the logo! You are all class Jeff! And one hell of a machinist!! This light is way beyond. I've owned a whole lotta lights, but I'm pretty blown away by this one...

Thanks so much Jeff!!!

Default Re: DC-2WOW

Absolutely the nicest package I've seen yet! I gotmine on Wednesday

It is a beautifully well done light, and the packaging is classy too.

+1. By the high standards set by the DC1, I'm definite the DC2 is equally awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetasigma View Post
    It is a beautifully well done light, and the packaging is classy too.

Wait..what? I thought DC2 was a triple. Or is that a custom engine?
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    Wait..what? I thought DC2 was a triple. Or is that a custom engine?
    Custom engine with a McR-18S reflector, 4000K XP-L HI, and LD-A4 driver

DC2 is amazing! I love it way more than I had imagined. Still very compact! My DC1's are taking a back seat for a bit. Lol.

Wowza! Things have come a long way since the beginnings! That is gorgeous, and the packaging is super cool.

how u liking the DC2 vs the DC1, which one if you can only have 1?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWonder View Post
    how u liking the DC2 vs the DC1, which one if you can only have 1?
    Tough question to answer as each has it's own advantages and disadvantages relative to one another. The DC1 is more compact, lighter, a bit easier carry perhaps, but you sacrifice some run time with the 18350. The DC2 isn't that much longer/heavier to some, but might be prohibitive to others for daily carry perhaps, but then you get that 18650 run time. Both are gorgeous pieces of sculpture. If I could only have one, I'd base it on what I already have. For example, if I had a 18350 BOSS 35, then I'd probably keep the DC2 for variety. If I had a 18650 BOSS 70, then I'd probably keep the DC1. Fortunately, I have all of the above and enjoy them all at different times and in different capacities, so I don't have to make that difficult decision. At the moment, I'm having a love affair with this DC2, so it's getting more use than all the rest, but you have to factor in which is more practical for your personal needs.

+1 well said.

I tend to prefer Al or Ti on an 18650 body mainly for weight considerations. I can go as heavy as copper or brass for 18350 body.

Flashaholic

I finally have both the DC1 and the DC2 in titanium, both purchased on CPF ! I am now running H17F or the Lucidrv2 driver in both with N219c triples. They are both the same brightness on direct drive, but, the DC2 seems to have a little more throw, maybe, TBC. Of Course, the biggest advantage of the DC2 is how much it can take on full blast. Bigger Copper Pill, better heat dissipation, bigger battery. When I go to the car show at night, I prefer the DC2. I can use the light on many engines on full blast and easily manage the heat and battery. There is no loss of brightness the whole night. On my daily carry, I use the DC1, where I rarely use direct drive. Direct drive is too bright for indoors or in the car, so, I tend to only use it outside when there is zero light, and this is rare where I live. The DC1 on 25% or 33% is plenty bright for almost all jobs, so, with a 1100 mah battery, you get quite a run time on the DC1 with those brightness levels. All that being said, the DC2 is very impressive and quite a unique Triple with a great copper pill. Enjoy the Pics below !!

Edit: BTW, the best setting I found on the H17F with the DC2 is: short Cycle Memory, steps - 17, 20, 22, double tap 24, 2, then 2 more low modes. Something like that.... So, this way, it always defaults to 17 for daytime, and you are always between 17 and 22, then 24 when you double tap. At night, you cycle through the modes to get your low mode set when you need night vision. It actually works great for me, and I only have to go through the 3 low modes when I need night vision.

Last edited by hjdca; 10-20-2018 at 01:25 PM.