Length of flashlight in everyday service.

Ej Breeze

Newly Enlightened
If you use your light everyday in your job then how many years have you had it? And how many times a day do you call on it? Here is my humble Nitecore MH-20 I have had for three years. It goes on and off 25-50 times a day six days a week. The rubber on the button is getting a bit soft but still whole. The holster used to show a carbon fiber pattern but that has long gone. I do a lot of sliding and crawling as you can tell.

IMG_6234.JPG

IMG_6233.JPG

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just retired my Fenix L0DceQ4 after roughly 8 years EDC service. Its been a great light and still has plenty of life left but it was time... Tried a few before setting it aside. Was planning on the Surefire Titan taking its spot but the lowly Lumintop Worm in stainless steel seems to be keeping its spot. The Surefire has been a huge disappointment actually, but thats a topic for a different thread!

c4401b896b4b64688d278add82682825.jpg

fdda7a3dbd34aab3aeb28752212a884c.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_20180721_102113.jpg

My 1990's minimag still looks good as the day I bought it. It was retired from nightly carry in 2016 and replaced by a much brighter light. It served me well for many years until the day I discovered LED lights had become brighter than light bulbs. But after an LED upgrade was installed it now serves as a reliable 'sudden lights out' number around the house.

Krumbbs1976

Newly Enlightened
My nitecore tm26 lasted me about 8 months till the built-in charger went kaput.. then I went all out and bought a titanium mcgizmo mule and that lasted about 7 months tell the LED just died on me. But so far about a year-and-a-half in my Peak LED Solutions night Patrol in stainless steel it's still going strong :)

Cosmodragoon

Newly Enlightened
My wife had an incandescent Maglite mini in her purse for at least seven years. She didn't use it every day but it went everywhere that she did and served her well. The batteries got changed on occasion and the bulb might have been changed twice. I've been bugging her to swap in some leak-proof Eneloop Pro for about a year. The other day, she relented and said okay. So what do you think happened? I went to take out the alkalines and one was stuck. It had leaked and the light is trashed. Talk about luck...

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
16 years and still going strong. It is a true EDC. The car keys have changed, the house keys have changed, but this little light has remained constant.

41805234810_44c6f71327_c.jpg

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
My nitecore tm26 lasted me about 8 months till the built-in charger went kaput.. then I went all out and bought a titanium mcgizmo mule and that lasted about 7 months tell the LED just died on me. But so far about a year-and-a-half in my Peak LED Solutions night Patrol in stainless steel it's still going strong :)

Tried to PM, but just got blank screen. If it's the mule with the rubber boot (vs the PD mule) the LED and it's driver just threads out. Unusual for it to just stop working - DatiLED often sells replacements / upgrades.