Klarus        
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    ... but the leather is thick enough that it could ward off a few blows from a rolling pin or frying pan...
    May need to include one with my order if I go for brass next month...
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

I like the lining inside of the HDS holster. Is this the $20 option? Makes inserting and drawing the HDS buttery smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    I like the lining inside of the HDS holster. Is this the $20 option? Makes inserting and drawing the HDS buttery smooth.
    Yes, for a suede lining. Buckskin is a little more.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

These things keep getting better. Is that flap underneath the holster designed to support the clip? If so, am I right in thinking that a holster of this design with a sewn belt loop would be even slimmer?

Thatís what I need hogo. I hunt and hike hard in some pretty crap conditions. I like that design a lot.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    These things keep getting better. Is that flap underneath the holster designed to support the clip? If so, am I right in thinking that a holster of this design with a sewn belt loop would be even slimmer?
    Dan is a master leather craftsman!

I figure a belt loop will make the holster vertically shorter by .75 inches but to easily put the holster on and take it off without removing the belt is priceless.
    Last edited by RCS1300; 08-19-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Yes. The clip is about 3 inches long, so I end up cutting about 3/4 of an inch off of it, drilling a new rivet hole, and it still ends up 2.25 inches long so 3/4 of inch longer than the width of the 1.5 inch holster. No way around it with a clip for 1.5 inch belt. A belt loop does slim it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    Thatís what I need hogo. I hunt and hike hard in some pretty crap conditions. I like that design a lot.
    I like this as well. But does the snap strap stick out like that when closed? Cause I can see a branch catching it.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    I like this as well. But does the snap strap stick out like that when closed? Cause I can see a branch catching it.
    Iíd have it safely tucked under a fat roll. : D

😂😂lol.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Keeping the HDS warm.

My Thors Hammer Custom Leather HDS front pocket holster (post #41) is so fantastic and convenient. Just got summoned over to my in-laws house across the street to look at a broken front door. Grabbed the front pocket holster with HDS light, slipped in in my pocket, and went over immediately to examine their front door. What a great holster!

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    Just received another holster Gem from Thors Leather Holsters. It is a front pocket holster that went through quite a bit of testing and development as this is version #3, the winner.
    The purpose of the holster is to hold the HDS flash light in the front pocket suspended in a leather "hammock" so that it is easy to draw, easy to re-holster, and does not feel like a roll of quarters deep in the bottom of your pocket. This holster delivers.
    This looks like a useful thing. Good job on coming up with it.
    Are the dimensions you settled on specific to a particular pocket size, or do you feel like it'd work reasonably well with a variety of pants?

Quote Originally Posted by ostrograd View Post
    This looks like a useful thing. Good job on coming up with it.
    Are the dimensions you settled on specific to a particular pocket size, or do you feel like it'd work reasonably well with a variety of pants?
    The pocket holster dimensions are very specific vertically and, separately, horizontally. It works in all my different pants and shorts and elastic waist shorts. On the first two prototypes of this holster the wings were too short and the holster came out of the pocket or rolled in the pocket. On the third version, the vertical side needed to be 4.75 inches long and the horizontal side 4.25 inches long. The leather also had to be turned inside out (rough side facing the pant pocket liner). This holster is sweet.

The holster fits in a variety of pants and shorts. I usually wear Dockers Relaxed fit pants, 511 shorts, elastic waistband shorts, Chaps pants, and Calvin Klein pants. The holster fits nicely in all of these different garments. I imagine if one was wearing tighter pants like Jeans that the holster would probably print through.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Itís a military one-way snap, and can only be unsnapped in one direction.

One thing that has come apparent with hogo holsters, itís impossible for him to creat one I donít love!

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    One thing that has come apparent with hogo holsters, itís impossible for him to creat one I donít love!
    Amen to that, I am needing one soon for sure.

Me too, might go to the ďwhat do you want for Christmas daddy?Ē Choice ......well I will be paying anyway, so might as well have a say lol

Dan, very nice video overview of your outstanding work! Even included the most recent HDS holster creation made for me - Eagle horizontal carry with battery tube strap...sweet.

Proud to have made the video twice. Great stuff. Right now I'm thinking of ways to consolidate all of my edc in custom leather. Most definitely not finished ordering from Thor's Hammer.

Great stuff. Right now I'm thinking of ways to ...
    Got me thinking too...An HDS strap on ankle holster (@ 3:03)... (please do not make one for me as I already have seven different THCL HDS holsters)
    Last edited by RCS1300; 08-25-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Normally I don't make a video until the end of the year, but have made so much stuff this year... It took a 10 minute song playing the photos for only 2 seconds each.

Love it, outstanding work, variety , designs...............WOW

Yet another winning HDS flashlight holster design from Thors Custom Leather Holsters. Below is a picture of the horizontal holster I received yesterday. Specifically designed to take up as little vertical and horizontal real estate on the belt this belt clip holster has a battery compartment strap with a military snap to keep the flashlight in place. Super sweet, fun, sharp looking design, and easy to use. Really compact. Highly recommended. That makes seven TCLH HDS flashlight holsters in my collection...one for each day of the week . See post #184 for pictures with more detail.

Last edited by RCS1300; 08-31-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Hogo,
    Iím curious if a strong secure magnetic snap were possible instead of a military snap for some of your designs. Iím thinking of another holster in the future, just trying to figure out the best set up.
    4500k XPL RD BOSS ē 4000k 219C BOSS Ti ē 2700k HDS Rotary

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneking View Post
    Hogo,
    Iím curious if a strong secure magnetic snap were possible instead of a military snap for some of your designs. Iím thinking of another holster in the future, just trying to figure out the best set up.
    There are all kinds of possibilities. The magnetic snaps are probably the weakest of the closure types. Sam Brown posts can be done as well if you are looking for silent, and they work well. There are two sizes of magnetic snaps, and the large size would probably be a bit too large for an HDS holster.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    Yet another winning HDS flashlight holster design from Thors Custom Leather Holsters.
    Very sharp! It is a winner but that design is crying out for a horizontal belt loop.

OMG I just got that. Lol the tab to hold the light goes straight up. I thought the light went the other way and the tab was sticking straight out so as to catch on stuff. My bad.🤪

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast