Imalent        
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

Default HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

Since Hogo's holsters are strewn across multiple HDS threads, I thought that this thread could help streamline his content as well as provide a data base for other holsters that are currently on the market.

List of available holsters:

Thors Hammer Custom Leather (Hogo here on CPF): http://www.thorshammercustomleather....ultitool-phone
    HDS Systems Leather (with clip): https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/...eather123Clip/
    HDS Systems Leather (duty belt): https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/...eather123Duty/
    Force Tech (canted): http://forcetech.biz/product/hds-systems-canted/
    Buy Brown Ind: https://buybrownind.com/holsters
    Bam Bam Holsters: https://bambamholsters.com/
    Last edited by moltenmag; 07-16-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

Yay!...now we need to get Hogo to move his pics and keep him from posting all over the place

I have 4 coming this week but the pics have already been seen in your HDS pic thread. I am also working on an idea for a custom holster and have made initial contact with Hogo about it

Thanks for getting this thread started Molten

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    Since Hogo's holsters are strewn across multiple HDS threads, I thought that this thread could help streamline his content as well as provide a data base for other holsters that are currently on the market.
    You may want to put a list in the first post that can be updated with the companies that make holsters for HDS lights.
    A few off the top of my head are Buy Brown (he used to make our Kydex HDS holsters, Force Tech also makes Kydex holster specifically for the HDS. There is another old fart doing leather, but I forgot his name. AOTH (Art of the Hide) disappeared several years ago, but he did some phenomenal work especially wet molding leather.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    You may want to put a list in the first post that can be updated with the companies that make holsters for HDS lights.
    A few off the top of my head are Buy Brown (he used to make our Kydex HDS holsters, Force Tech also makes Kydex holster specifically for the HDS. There is another old fart doing leather, but I forgot his name. AOTH (Art of the Hide) disappeared several years ago, but he did some phenomenal work especially wet molding leather.
    Updated it ^. Couldn't find a link to Art of the Hide website. Found Bam Bam custom leather. Let me know if any others come up!

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    Updated it ^. Couldn't find a link to Art of the Hide website. Found Bam Bam custom leather. Let me know if any others come up!
    I don't know what happened to AOTH. One day he just disappeared. I always loved his work. He was the king of wet molding. I don't wet mold at all.

Here is the latest one I finished at 0200 in the morning...

Celtic ravens on emerald green with dragon scales and copper engraved spots. Lined with piggy suede.

Both eyes have green tritium vials installed behind them.

I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Nice holster! What’s in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty wage guy View Post
    Nice holster! What’s in it?
    Titanium Clicky.

I don't know what happened to AOTH. One day he just disappeared. I always loved his work. He was the king of wet molding. I don't wet mold at all.

Don't, or don't want to? You made some great wet molded holsters a while back:

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Don't, or don't want to? You made some great wet molded holsters a while back:

Don't unless I am forced! LOL! I hate wet molding. I'll do it but there is a rum charge.

You can mold the holsters with rum! Extra charge!

FYI, I just checked the Forcetech site and HDS holsters are "out of stock and unavailable". I was hoping to order a canted holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post
    FYI, I just checked the Forcetech site and HDS holsters are "out of stock and unavailable". I was hoping to order a canted holster.
    Like this?

Like this?

I have that belt clip holster and it is one of my absolute favorites. It is right up there with my Thors Hammer Leather canted belt loop holster.
    Last edited by RCS1300; 07-16-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Like this?
    Yes....as nice as that is, the added beauty of leather would be wasted on me as I'm too fluffy to tuck in my shirt. I have dropped nearly 50 lbs this year, so maybe I'll treat myself soon to one of those fancy skull holsters.

I know not everyone uses a holster, including myself (even though i have already purchased 4 and working on a custom stamp)....but can you imagine Hogo doing this type of art on a smaller scale...as in the front of a solid faced clip. maybe that would be too small of an area to show enough detail, but a nicely stamped and possibly painted/coated clip would be pretty sweet

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post

I have 4 coming this week but the pics have already been seen in your HDS pic thread. I am also working on an idea for a custom holster and have made initial contact with Hogo about it
    The latest Celtic series of holsters from Thors Hammer have been my favorite. Which ones are yours, INFRNL? It would appear that several of us have found a new hobby in custom leather. I'm expecting one soon but I'm already dreaming up another.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

its hard not to dream something up after seeing what Hogo has been up to.

I don't know if I have a favorite. The celtic wolf is very cool, the skull/bones with biohazard is another great one, and probably if i had to pick...would be the Skull w/ red trit eyes, etc... as my current favorite. I also have a thing for alligators/crocodiles that goes back to my childhood, so I really like that one too; even though it is more basic in overall design, the hide is more exotic. That one would have been cool with either yellow/orange trits or even small pieces of tigers eye rock...to make the appearance of crocodile eyes

I'm really looking forward to what else Hogo has been dreaming up.

My next one will be based off of my avatar as that has become my symbol and has been used on a couple forums I used to frequent. I also have a custom piece that was made a while back using the same image. It will be nice to have something truly one of a kind with no variations, unless it's mine

I'm also starting to wonder if it would be worthwhile to invest in one with the canter for easier access/deployment. However i'm never in a hurry to worry about the extra few seconds to get a light out.

Not sure if you've been talking to Hogo but he showed me a couple of really cool celtic images

also I just realized the celtic raven holster has a couple of trinity stamps in it, didn't notice that earlier today...pretty cool
    Last edited by INFRNL; 07-16-2018 at 06:13 PM.

All this holster talk has my interest piqued so I had to send Hogo/Thor/Dan an email with an idea. Let's see how it shakes out!

I know, this place is getting to be addictive...we are going to have to go to HDS Anonymous
    I know I am getting there. I guess since i can admit my issue...I'm still ok? it's when I deny the issue is when there is an issue, right?

Not sure if you've been talking to Hogo but he showed me a couple of really cool celtic images

also I just realized the celtic raven holster has a couple of trinity stamps in it, didn't notice that earlier today...pretty cool
    These are a few of the images I am thinking about having made into stamps. Thoughts?

I personally like the last image and the dragon 2 up from the bottom. So I guess that is #2 and #4, but they would all make great stamps along with your imagination; I can see great potential for any kind of holster, etc

Out of those I'm liking the last image the most

I think I need to stay away from here. I'll just focus on the thread where we wait for the lights...but that might not be safe either
    Last edited by INFRNL; 07-17-2018 at 12:13 AM.

I personally like the last image and the dragon 2 up from the bottom. So I guess that is #2 and #4, but they would all make great stamps along with your imagination; I can see great potential for any kind of holster, etc

Out of those I'm liking the last image the most

I think I need to stay away from here. I'll just focus on the thread where we wait for the lights...but that might not be safe either
    I agree on #2 and #4. Both those look sweet

I really like the dragons. In East Asia, the dragon is a symbol of great power, wisdom and good fortune. To be born in the Year of the Dragon is so desirable, birth rates are known to spike during those years. I’m not Asian nor am I a believer in astrology but...just in case...I have several dragon-emblazoned objects around!
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    I really like the dragons. In East Asia, the dragon is a symbol of great power, wisdom and good fortune. To be born in the Year of the Dragon is so desirable, birth rates are known to spike during those years. I’m not Asian nor am I a believer in astrology but...just in case...I have several dragon-emblazoned objects around!
    I am year of the monkey. I make funny faces and throw feces at people.
    I tend to go for a lot of Celtic/Norsk designs doncha know. Uff da boy. It's the Norwegian in me mixed with a bit of Irish... wanna fight about it? Though, I spent a decade in Japan, so I also like a lot of the oriental art especially sumie (black ink brush paintings).

This is one other I am thinking about having done into a stamp. It's actually a symbol for Loki... and no, in case anyone was wondering, I am most definitely NOT a pagan. I just find the art and history interesting.

Like the bottom pic of the group, #4. Would make an awesome tattoo.
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

These are a few of the images I am thinking about having made into stamps. Thoughts?
    Like the top and 3rd one down. I like simpler designs for stamps. They’re easier to read when shrink down. Below is a quick rough sketch I did...

Somebody was asking about green snake and I can't remember if it was in a PM or somewhere else. It's a bitch getting old.
    Anyway, yes. I have two green water snake skins.

These have been posted elsewhere but I'm proud of my dual HDS pocket slip.

Looking forward to receiving more leather tomorrow.

So the dual doesn't have a clip or belt loop?

That's always an idea. I wouldn't need duals, but just protection from other things in my pocket for when i don't want/need to use a holster on my belt

So the dual doesn't have a clip or belt loop?

That's always an idea. I wouldn't need duals, but just protection from other things in my pocket for when i don't want/need to use a holster on my belt
    No clips. It's been riding in my pocket for over a month. I hardly even notice it. While I recognize that it's more mass than some will want to carry, I find it to be ideal.

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast