Best Mod's for a Magcharger?

maddog

Enlightened
Best Mod\'s for a Magcharger?

ok.....what is the best Mod for a Magcharger? More light.

maddog

Enlightened
Re: Best Mod\'s for a Magcharger?

[ QUOTE ]
darkgear.com said:
WA01160 Also the easiest mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi....thanks for the info. but i have this already. was looking for more. so is this all i could do?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nope. It's not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wilkey

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

I think I've asked this before, but can't find the responses?

1. What's the stock runtime of a fully charged MC?
2. What's the stock runtime of a fully chaged MC with the WA01160?
3. The output of a stock MC is comparable to ______?
4. The output of a MC with 1160 is comparable to _______?

VMamie

Newly Enlightened

TIN,

1. I dunno. I swapped the bulb with WA01160 right away. But the manual sez 1.5 - 2 hours.
2. I measured this 3 times. Average out to be 35 minutes full bright white light output. At 38 minutes it started to yellow but still a lot of output. At 40 minutes it's so dim and yellow-orange as to be useless.
3. Stock MC brightness is about 50% brighter than a surge.
4. Output of MC with 1160... I am left speechless. I have heretofore not owned any torch as bright as this one.

Interesting note: I had thick fog tonight and took the MC w/1160 out for a walk. It was like holding a very long bright light sabre. The fog made for a very cool effect. Like a laser except bright bright bright.

Oh the output of this MC w/1160 combo is about 20 watts and 456 lumens which I looked up is equivalent to a 40 watt A-type bulb. If you shine the spot on the back of your hand about 6 inches away, you'd feel intense burning, I couldn't hold it in a single spot for long!

VMamie

Newly Enlightened

Alright Ginseng! What you got up your sleeve now? I know you and S4 were collaborating on something... Give man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nascar, there is no easy mod like the 01160/MC for output; it's the King. "Easy" meaning: drop in bulb replacement, recharges internally (no removing AA's, etc), uses all stock components that come with MC. You can add higher capacity batteries for increased runtime (35/stock, 50-55 Powerstream, 65? Wilkey pack)

Be advised, my friend, that you will get an unattractive Mag beam from this light. It will, however, be bright. Personally, I love this combo. I am pursuing a Perfect Mag Reflector from Otokoyama to smooth out mine. He is also working on a 3" "Magdaddy" head for even more smooth throw. This light glows and throws like... nothing else short of a specialty incan mod. Or spotlight.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
ubermensch said:
I kinda like the beam artifacts, they are way cooler than the regular maglite artifacts.

[/ QUOTE ]

They look like a bowtie or rectangle within the beam, due to the larger filament of the 01160 WA. I find I rotate my MC so that the rectangle length is parallel to the ground for greatest use.